Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:30am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I asked Teresa if she’s interested in seeing the movie Marlowe (5.3) starring Liam Neeson tonight as it would be easy for me to buy tickets after our chess match. She agreed.

I checked my The Weather Channel app and it said rain was possible after 2pm so I took my portable umbrella.

I walked to the mall, arriving at 8am, recycled a couple plastic bottles and met Jose in Habia Una Vez where we had the complete breakfast for 18,900.

I brought him up to speed on the NFL Draft, my games vs Troyclough, and my vacation reservations in Madrid.

We went up to the 3rd floor where I had the Black pieces first. We ended up playing a French defense, he outplayed me in the opening and I lost in 38 moves. (Later the computer said his play was “flawless” and about mine, “Black did not feel at home in the position after the opening”.)

In the next game I had the White pieces and I messed up in the opening and he picked up a pawn. He ended up winning on the 58th move when he had two passed pawns too far apart for my king to catch.

I had the medium combo BBQ roast beef sandwich at Only Roastbeef.

I went down to Cine Colombia and bought 2 preferred seats for 17,900 each. (I now have 16 of the 30 purchases necessary to have a Platinum Card next year.)

At the entrance to the mall I could see it was raining.

I printed some chess notes at Auros then had a latte with a glass of ice water in Urbania.

About 4pm I left and bought 2 bags of milk in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I finished watching the TV series 11.22.63. Very interesting.

Teresa and I left just before 6pm and took a Didi to the mall. We went upstairs where she bought a salad at Vin & Gretta. Back down in Cine Colombia I made my last trip to the restroom then bought the Cine Combito (small popcorn, small soda, and a chocolate bar) for myself and a bottle of water for Teresa for 20,700 pesos.

In the theater the trailers had already begun but Teresa had no difficulty eating her salad in the semi darkness. The movie was only okay: I had trouble hearing some of the dialogue and the Spanish subtitles didn’t help much. There were only about another half dozen people in this showtime.

After the movie I made a large ATM withdrawal and we returned to the apt by taxi. As usual I gifted the chocolate bar to one of the porteros.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment