Monday, May 15, 2023

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up twice during the night, woke up briefly several times in the morning long enough to look at what time it was, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I arrived by Didi at Pergamino café 10 minutes before they opened at 9am. Glenn soon arrived with Bianca.

The past few days in the apt I realized I need a coaster for my desk to put a drink (usually a glass of ice water) on. While ordering my food I noticed one in front of the cashier. I wasn’t sure if it was a freebie, for sale, or what. I asked the cashier if I could have it, he checked with someone behind him and then said “yes”. 😊 I told Glenn, “Hello”, from his dermatologist, Dr. Milton. I told him about the TV mini-series 11.22.63 I just finished. He told me he’s got an appointment for an endoscopy/proctoscopy to try to find the cause of his intestinal problems.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado. I got out across from Mercado Madrid, bought a head of broccoli and 2 bags of milk and returned to the apt.

About 2pm Teresa tells me to get dressed as we’re having lunch with family at MT’s apt. We arrived by Didi. Wilson was watching a soccer game and I took the opportunity for his help to get connected to their wifi. Catalina came in with lunch boxes for everyone. Each contained a turkey roll, rice, some type of potato and fruit salad. For dessert was carrot cake.

Two large windows on the dining room side were wide open but there was no breeze and the apt was very stuffy. In the future I’m going to have to remember to go there in shorts.

We left about 6pm, Catalina dropped me off at the apt with lunch leftovers and she and Teresa went on to El Tesoro to shop.

I finally solved half my mystery. Clue #1: Being a guy I bump into things and don’t always remember. #2: I get up once or twice during the night to pee. #3: Our simple bed is a mattress on a low wooden platform. Final clue: The top of the corner of the platform is the same height as the wound on my leg. Now I’m convinced the biopsy will come back negative. What I don’t know is why the wound didn’t heal quicker. Maybe if I had just put a band-aid on it and left it alone?

I watched a couple more episodes of Criminal: UK (7.7).

Teresa returned at 9pm.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment