Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 1:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1597 and decreasing his to 1497.

I met Jose at Habia Una Vez just after 8am. We each had the complete breakfast for 18,900 ($4.25). Upstairs I had the Black pieces first and we played to a 34-move draw. In the next game he won in the endgame as he queened a pawn just before I queened mine and I resigned on the 49th move.

It was about 1:30 when he left. Around the corner I looked at the new Pergamino café. I see a sign behind the tarp.





I could see through the curtains that it is nearing completion.

I went downstairs to Urbania. I wasn’t very hungry so I had a slice of carrot cake with a latte for 20,322 pesos ($4.50). I left about 3pm and returned to the apt by taxi.

There’s a sign in the elevator that we will be without power tomorrow from 8am to 4pm.

About 4:15 a downpour started.

Teresa wanted to go out for supper. We walked to Chiclayo in a light drizzle. It came down harder while we were in the restaurant. Teresa had a new item I found for her on the menu, Salmon Costanera with a bottle of water and I had the Mixto Saltado with a pineapple coconut juice. The total came to 126,170 pesos ($28) with tip.

 The rain had lessened slightly by the time we left. We stopped in Ara because Teresa wanted to buy a package of cookies but she changed her mind when she saw the line waiting to check out.

 

Why My Kid is Crying








No comments:

Post a Comment