Thursday, May 18, 2023

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I shared with Teresa my opinion that since we won’t have power from 8am to 4pm we should not open the refrigerator during that time. The plan now is I will go to the gym, workout, shower there, then have coffee somewhere in La Buena Mesa. When it gets close to lunch time, I’ll drop off my gym stuff and meet Teresa in Mayorca for lunch.

In the gym I realized I didn’t have my cellphone in my fanny pack. I completed my routine in 40 minutes, not sure why it took longer this time. The shower room was similar to the one in Viva Envigado except they didn’t have benches outside the shower stalls. I found my cellphone in my tech bag. 😊 Downstairs I suggested to the rep at the front desk that they install benches outside the shower stalls like VE.

I walked to Los Porteños where I had a small latte and studied one of my chess openings. About noon I left and at the other end of the street I saw a beautiful blue Porsche convertible, a Boxster S with Bogota plates. A quick google search says it’s a $60,000 to $80,000 car. Someone has money.

I dropped off my gym stuff at the apt and took a Didi to Mayorca arriving at 1pm. I stopped on the 3rd floor and bought a salty pretzel at Pretzy Pretzels for 10,500 pesos but it was nothing special.




Teresa finally answered my texts about 15 minutes later. She surprised me when she said she wanted to have lunch at Mundo Verde. (We came across the same restaurant in VE and El Tesoro and she never wanted to eat there.)




She had salmon, of course, with sides of avocado and broccoli and a bottle of water and I had their Mixto Albondigas with a mango juice. The total check with tip came to 115,857 pesos ($25.75).

Teresa received a call from Dr. Milton’s office that my test result was negative. I received an email from them and this is the translation of my test results:



I read that this week is Burger Meister week with over 50 restaurants participating (not just in Medellin). One of them is Pigasus, the restaurant next door. This is what the restaurant looks like and in one photo you can see a line waiting to get in at 2:30 in the afternoon. In one photo you can see a waiter bringing a plate of burgers.






Teresa did a little shopping for gym tops but didn’t find anything.

We returned to Mundo Verde for lattes and she also ordered a small chocolate brownie cake. (For some reason she thought it was a healthy choice.) I had only a taste as I’m probably the only person in the world who isn’t fond of chocolate.

Downstairs we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt. This is a quick snapshot of the Ikea construction as we were going over the bridge.



Still looks like a lot of work remaining.

At the apt thankfully power was back on.

At 4:30 in the afternoon my gym thermos still contained a little ice.

Teresa had a massage from Kelly from 6pm to 7pm.

I watched the first episode of a new series called Fringe (8.4).

 

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment