Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

When I woke up I still had some haziness in my head so the first thing I did was take an Excedrin migraine. It took about 20 minutes to kick in but I’m feeling much better.

Teresa often forgets where she left her cellphone in the apt so she asks me to call her so she can locate it. šŸ˜Š

A busy day scheduled for today: a 9am breakfast with Glenn in a new (for us at least) restaurant, pay the 1st of the month bills in Viva Envigado, and a 1:30 appointment with Dr. CastaƱo in El Tesoro.

I left the apt at 8:45 and met Glenn outside Bodega Cocina in the Centro Ejecutivo La Casona, the same strip mall where Envios Market resides. This restaurant is more like a closet than the usual garage. Glenn introduced me to Andrew, the owner. His was born in Chicago but his parents moved back to Bogota was he was just 2 years old. Most of his business is deliveries of items like bacon, sausage and ribs.

We each had a couple fried eggs with bacon. The coffee was self-serve from an urn on a cart against the wall.

This is the order of things as I remember it, the significance will become clear shortly:

We started with coffee for each of us. We both placed our food order while seated at the table. Glenn then went to buy a bottle of water and I refilled my coffee. After we finished eating he was looking at an order sheet and asked if I had a pen. I turned to my right and my fanny pack and tech bag had fallen off the chair. Then I noticed it was Glenn’s (he has a backpack), not mine. I got my pen out of my fanny pack from the chair on my left. He ticked off a number of items he wanted to have delivered. We left, he headed north and I walked across the street and soon was on a taxi to Viva Envigado.

I paid the apt rent, my health insurance, and our gym membership for the month and made an ATM withdrawal.

Glenn texted me that he returned to his apt and his iPad was not in his backpack. Could someone have stolen it during the 20 seconds I was getting a coffee refill? He texted me about 30 minutes later that it had fallen out of his backpack and Andrew found it under the table. Whew, I was afraid I was going to owe him for a new iPad.

I bought Blancox (bleach) and a package of granola in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi. I dropped off my groceries and ordered a Didi to El Tesoro.

I arrived at 1pm for my 1:40pm appointment. I went straight to the doctor’s office to see if they were on time for appointments but found it closed. I sat in the general waiting area until 1:30. I went back to the office and both seats were taken so I confirmed my appointment and returned to the general waiting area. When I saw the two men who were seated leave, I moved back to the doctor’s waiting room. I talked briefly with another gringo, from Miami, who was there for the first time. Inside, I showed Dr. CastaƱo my PSA result of 0.02. Remember my previous results were <0.01 but he said the difference is insignificant. After I explained my current situation he did an echogram (I think that’s what it's called) on my belly, gave me the cough test and declared me no longer incontinent. (I think that may come soon but I still leak a bit.) I mentioned my daughter is getting married in Athens, Greece on September 5th and he said he’s going to be there next month for a medical conference. My next appointment will be just after my next PSA test in 6 months.

The secretary gave me an appointment for Tuesday, November 7th at 2pm and the visit was 340mil.

I went down to Natto Bowls and had their Thai bowl and a bottle of water for 44,578 ($10) including 10% tip.



I went back up a level to Valentina Bakery where I had a pistachio croissant with a latte for 30,800 ($6.50) including tip.






I returned to the apt by taxi. No sooner had I arrived but Teresa texted and asked me to meet her in Viva Envigado. I had a Didi take me there and found her with MT at Dunkin Donuts. They soon made a trip to the restroom. I had noticed something dark on the floor next to their display case but just thought it was some spilled chocolate. A salesgirl went to pick it up but visibly reacted when she saw it so I thought maybe it was dog poop. She went back behind the counter and brought back a piece of cardboard and scooped it up and dumped it in the decorative plants. When the ladies returned from the restroom, I took a look and saw this:



About 7pm I suggested we get something to eat. We went up to the 3rd floor and Teresa led the way to the food court and Vin & Gretta. They had a lot of stuff I don’t like so I ordered their Cesar salad and they each got some type of salad and with a bottle of water and the total came to 114,600 ($25), a little expensive for fast food salads. I wasn’t very hungry so I didn’t come close to finishing mine and we got the rest to go.

We stopped in Exito because Teresa has been meaning to buy a new mop handle but they didn’t have any. I guided them the back way through the parking garage to Home Center but they had already closed. We returned to the apt by taxi, dropping MT off on the way.

 

tRump’s Arrest





No comments:

Post a Comment