Friday, May 5, 2023

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

At 8:35 I ordered my Didi which dropped me off at Daniel’s barbershop 7 minutes before my 9am appointment. A Colombian man was waiting outside. We had a “difficult” discussion (mostly about the weather) due to my poor Spanish. Daniel arrived at 9:02 with a pit bull mix. I guess he had just walked it. It had something in its mouth which when Daniel forced its jaws open turned out to be a young dove. I figured out the type from the fact it was brown and mother dove was watching a couple yards away. Daniel picked it up and put it in the planter (a 9” high concrete fence surrounding an Arba Vitae tree). It appeared injured so I doubt it will survive.

I got my usual haircut for 45mil plus a 5mil tip. He told me there will soon be another barber named Apice joining him. I’ve seen some strange names here in Colombia. I got a Didi ride to Todo Drogas and the driver’s name was Gleifer.

This is what the new mall looks like across the street:



I bought my medications for the month for 332,700 pesos ($71).

I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche for about 90 minutes.

I bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

I ran into Doyle coming out of the elevator.

Playing in Cine Colombia today is:

·     Evil Dead Rise (7.1) at 6:45

·     Marlowe (5.3) starring Liam Neeson at 6:35.

A portero just stopped by (12:10pm) and informed us there would be no running water until 5 or 6pm. Time to get out of dodge except Teresa has a 3pm massage appointment.

It’s 86 degrees at 12:30.

I left at 2:30 and had a small latte in Los Porteños. Finally I got the urge and made a trip to their restroom. I plugged up another toilet and spent 5-10 minutes with their brush and “plunger” trying to clear it. I finally asked for help and a man who spoke a little English got a bucket and poured soapy water into it a couple times and eventually cleared it.

Back at the apt I had to show Teresa the trailer for Evil Dead Rise for the umpteenth time (she keeps forgetting) and she finally agreed to go see it.

4:30 and still no running water.

I finished season 4 of Boardwalk Empire.

We left at 5:30 and took a Didi to Viva Envigado. First surprise, when I bought the tickets, was the movie showtime was 6:30 not 6:45 so we didn’t have time to go somewhere to eat.  I bought the small popcorn and soda and Teresa bought nachos and a small soda. At our preferred seats I checked my Runpee app and the reviewer gave the movie an “A”. Second surprise, as soon as the movie started, it was dubbed in Spanish with no subtitles. That didn’t help. The movie was an hour and 37 minutes long and I couldn’t wait for it to end. I think horror movies are just boring.

We were out by 8:30 and returned to the apt by taxi.

 

tRump’s Arrest



No comments:

Post a Comment