Friday, May 26, 2023

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

My package arrived in Wheeling at 5:33am this morning. So far, so good.

I left my room about 7am and walked to a nearby Dunkin Donuts on Algonquin Rd just off Wilke Rd. That was a cold walk but saw this wildlife on the way:

AA GEESE PHOTOS


This Dunkin’ had 2 tables and 2 counters with lots of space for more which I guess isn’t needed as most of their business is probably takeout or drive through. I chatted with a man behind me for a minute when I heard him listening to something in Spanish. He’s from Mexico but the broadcaster he was watching is Colombiana.

I walked back to the hotel and took this video on the way:

AA GEESE VIDEO

I was just reading about renewing my driver’s license in person and I will need to pass a vision exam and a driving exam.

Hey, it’s 10:52 and I just got an email that my driver’s license was delivered at 10:41am. 😊

Just killing time until Jack and Arlene pick me up at noon.

The envelope with my Capital One 360 debit card and Teresa’s order arrived in Bogota and I paid the $18.63 charge.

Jack & Arlene picked me up at noon and took me to Jameson’s Steakhouse. I had the French onion soup and their ribs. I talked so much I didn’t get very far with the food and they took the rest to go. They gave me a gift bag that contained 2 bags of White Sox salted-in-the-shell peanuts and 2 different jars of Strawberry Preserves. 😊  They dropped me off at the hotel about 3pm, a little later than I planned.

I exchanged some things and soon left for Walgreen’s on Miner Street in Des Plaines. At the desk they looked for a FedEx envelope or box for me but found nothing. They suggested I try the Walgreens on Oakton and River. In the meantime I found FedEx had sent me the following delivery photo




That location couldn’t find my envelope or package either. While I was there I had them print the letter for Laura but they printed it on photo paper which was useless because I wouldn’t be able to sign itso that was at least 30 minutes wasted.

I finally located where the last stop was and it was FedEx in Wheeling. I googled it and headed to that address.

Interesting, I passed a Mexican pub named El Paisa Alegre #2 at 1 S. Wolf Rd in Prospect Heights.

When I got there I found one car in the parking lot and this locked door:



Well, that didn’t work. I headed back to the hotel. I stopped at Staples a block away and had Laura’s letter printed along with my AT&T screenshots. When I was checking out for some reason the cashier just wabved off my $1.69 purchase. I asked him if he could recommend a restaurant in the court and he said, “Tacos Jerez” next door. There I ordered this huge burrito:

AA BURRITO

I was only able to eat half of it.

Back at the hotel I stopped in the laundry room and tried to buy a Coke for $2.50. I put in a $5 bill and pushed the associated number and it said, “$52.50 in shopping cart” so I cancelled it and it returned my $5 all in quarters. ☹ I tried again with the same result. I stopped at the front desk and showed someone what happened and he had no clue what was going on. I took my quarters and returned to my room.

I found an email from Irina that “‼️FedEx package arrived today on your name. I guess they redirected it and it’s your driver’s license

Also, AT&T bill arrived on both of our names via regular mail.”

I told her I wanted to stop by right away. I drove there and picked up the package outside the door and the AT&T envelope she left in the mailbox. On my way back to the hotel I stopped on a side street and opened the box and found an envelope. I opened and found the Capital One 360 card and info but no driver’s license. I drove back to Irina’s place and rang the bell but no answer and the place was dark. ☹

The FedEx box was taped shut and had obviously been cut open. The label contained:

 

FROM: Victor Cardona, 7864 NW 62 st, Miami FL 33166

US

Original address:

Terry Lee Andresen

Terry Lee Andresen

378 Miner St, Des Plaines, IL US

DES PLAINES, IL 60016

8475165770

Corrected address:

Terry Andresen

607 Country Lane

Unit 607

Des Plaines, IL 60016

8476994404

 

Inside was the envelope. For the return address was a sticker with

Irina Andresen

607 Country Ln

Des Plaines, IL 60016-1240

Hand written addressed to:

Terry Andresen

Envios Market

7864 NW 62nd St 33166

ENV 102-886

Miami, FL 33166

 

It was sent Certified Mail from Glenview, IL for $4.78.

I have no idea what’ going on but I’m going to accept Irina’s invite for coffee tomorrow at 5:30 to try to find out.

One clue: now that I look at it, the photo looks like the front of Irina’s screen door.

Another clue is this Voice Mail screenshot from my brother:




I was just rereading this post which reminded me that there were 2 envelopes from my brother, one with my Capital One 360 info and the other with my driver’s license. I think what happened is the Capital One got sent here and the driver’s license got sent on to Envigado.

I just texted Teresa and the package arrived but no envelope.

That means they 2 envelopes somehow got separated? Were they mailed separately?

 

Why My Kid is Crying


 

1 comment:

  1. The worst FedEx story I have heard!!! What a total F@@@Up. Your mail service seems very disorganized--or am I being over-critical???You must be very exasperated, I know just reading about this bewildered me.
    Jack W

    ReplyDelete