Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

We have no eggs so I just had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Teresa told me she can’t find her test results for tomorrow’s doctor’s appointment and could I print a new copy from my USB drive? I informed her I always delete everything once it’s been printed. She gave me her lab result instructions and I tried to log in but was told the username or password was invalid. (In showing her, I got locked out because it was the third try.) I told her she’d better make a trip to the clinic and ask them to copy it to my drive so we could print it. A few minutes later she found the missing copy.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class and I left at 8:45. Wearing just shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt I suspected I had made a mistake as soon as I got outside. It was cooler than I expected but I was too lazy to turn around and put on something warmer. And I didn’t bring an umbrella so I hoped that wouldn’t be a problem.

I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus outside Smartfit. I got out at Parmessano where I recalled the time I got out at the same spot in a street flood. It was a short walk to Davivienda. I told a security guard standing outside that I need to go to Inter-Col on the 8th floor. He pointed to the side stairs and I asked about the elevator in the garage. He actually walked me there, pushed the button and made sure I got on. I got off and remembered it only took me to their Primero Piso where a security lady seemed to be waiting for me. I handed my cedula to a guy behind the desk and he made a call and asked me to take a seat. Not five minutes later he said I could go up. I quickly found the office, the door was open, a couple was just leaving and I sat down across from Angie. I explained why I was there, handed her my Cedula and my collection of passports. The latter she never looked at because I could see she had access to them on her computer. At first, she said I need to come back in 3 years or something. I informed her I’ve been here 11 ½ years and I knew I was late renewing one of my Visas but I was told I only needed to wait 3 more years. She found another one of my passports online and after looking at the date she said I was right. She handed me a single page titled “Visa Type R - Accumulated Time” all in English. She went over the requirements and what I have to do is get a new photo and provide a SS Benefits Letter. The only complication is the latter needs to be Notarized and Apostilled from the state listed on my SS letter. The cost is $500 to Inter-Col, $401 for the Visa itself after it’s approved, and ~$65 for the Cedula paid directly to Migracion Colombia. I thanked her and told her I’d call if I have any questions. I understand the Residency Visa is good for 5 years. 😊

I retraced my steps and while waiting to cross the street I noticed the Englishman John Heath coming down the street.

I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado. (The fare was 3,200 pesos not the 3,300 I previously reported.)

I got off at the gas station and walked down to Eduardo Madrid bakery. I took a seat under a running ceiling fan that I certainly didn’t need. I ordered a latte and found 6 sesame seed bagels in their display. I left at 11:15 with the bagels and returned to the apt.

I googled and found a notary company (Pronto Notary Public) in Miami, called them, got their email address of Info@ProntoNotaryPublic.com and sent them my SS Benefit letter along with my Miami address where I want it sent. (I understand this has to be completed ASAP; if I don’t get this all taken care of before my Cedula expires on November 8th then the clock will start over again.

Teresa returned at noon after 2 gym classes so she was tired.

We were planning on going to Pricesmart right after lunch but at 1:30 it started raining and got colder.

Our new plan is after breakfast tomorrow we’ll go to Teresa’s doctor’s appointment at 9:20 in Punto Clave then on to Pricesmart to buy a few things before returning to the apt.

I received an invoice for my apostille of $170.04 and I paid it using their service. (I hope this can be taken care of quickly, knowing they have a category 5 hurricane headed their way.)

I watched another episode of Blue Bloods.

One of my blog readers lives in Tampa and I hope he got out safely before Hurricane Milton arrives.

We had a little more rain in the evening but it all ended by about 8pm.

 

FUNNY



No comments:

Post a Comment