Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Monday, September 30, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Teresa left just before 8am for an exercise class and I left at 8:45 for the gym.

The gym was very busy but I managed to get thru my routine without much delay. At one point I was waiting to use the Triceps Press machine and when the guy got off, I said, “you don’t look Colombian”. He said he’s from England and has been here 10 years then he had to take an important call.

After finishing my routine, I was having a latte in Ganso y Castor when Teresa called and informed me she would meet me there. I put another peanut in the crook of the tree and was surprised to find the previous one still there. Teresa arrived and asked me to buy a small cake from O’Cake. I went across the street and bought a small (serves 4) strawberry cake for 20mil. Teresa then decided it was too fattening so she only had a few spoonfuls. She soon left to buy some things in Ara. This photo is a guy checking the water meter right in front of me



And this is one is a continuation of putting up the Christmas lights.



I made plans to meet Jose for chess tomorrow.

I left at 11am and returned to the apt.

I found a charge to my checking account from the Chicago Tribune for $15.96. I called them at 1-312-546-7900 and the rep reminded me I signed up for a 1-year subscription for about $8 that just expired. The new charge is $15.96 a month but when I asked to cancel it and issue me a refund I ended up with a 6-month subscription for $6.50 and they will refund me $9.46 in the next 7-10 days. (I checked my checking account and I don’t see any Chicago Tribune charge from a year ago. )

I was going to go to the mall to buy AOX Therapy tablets for Teresa but she asked me to see if they have yoga classes at Otra Parte.

I left the apt at 2:15 and felt a few raindrops on the way to Otra Parte. I asked the security guard but he said they don’t have yoga classes. Instead of sitting outside on their patio (which didn’t even have umbrellas set up on the tables) I went to the restaurant proper and took a seat near the building. After waiting almost an hour (they were busy) and no one asking to take my order I called over a waitress that wasn’t busy and ordered a latte. It wasn’t light enough to read my book so I just went through my phone. We had a short shower with a little thunder. I left at 5pm and bought a bag of milk on the way back to the apt.

I checkmated Troyclough in 47 moves, increasing my rating 5 points to 1573.

I received a text message re: my Hotel Mariscal reservation asking for my: full name, identity document number, date of birth, email and home address. I sent it to them and they acknowledged receipt.

I watched the 40’ version of Sunday’s Bears game then the news for the rest of the evening.

I’m trying to finish my 992-page Truman book before we leave on vacation Thursday. Tonight I got up to page 956 so I think I’ll make it.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment