Thursday, October 17, 2024

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

I left the apt just after 8am and by 9am I was sitting in Ganso y Castor having a latte, so my workout in Smartfit must take about 40 minutes. I checked the tree and the peanut is still there.  Not for the first time, a guy come through the park with a gas leaf blower making lots of noise. As he approaches he always apologizes for the disturbance. 😊

I left at 10:30, got in a long but quickly moving line at the Bancolombia window and had my ballot printed on both sides and printed another copy of the “envelope”. Back in the apt I signed the ballot, put my old US address on the envelope and used it to build an envelope around my ballot.

My lesions haven’t appeared over the last week so hopefully I’m over that – only took about 13 months.

It was only 82 degrees when I left the apt at 1pm in my shorts and sleeveless t-shirt. Big mistake. In Envios Market Victoria assisted me in sending my ballot to Chicago. The charge was 185,000 pesos ($43.50) for one envelope containing 2 pages and it might be interesting to track its progress, so we’ll see. I asked her what the latest date is to release my packages in FL and to still arrive here by October 31st (Halloween). She said next Monday.

I went across the street to Otra Parte where I had one of my favorites, Mama Pastora, teriyaki chicken with short pasta and a limonada de coco.



Just after 2pm it started raining and of course the temperature dropped. I moved to another table to escape rain being blown on me but there were still occasional drops landing on me and the table.



By 2:45 it had ended. I had a latte before leaving at 3:30 and returning to the apt feeling a little chilly.

I logged into my SS account and it’s still in English.

It appears I have options: I can have a Spanish copy of my SS Benefits Letter apostilled or have an apostilled letter in English to be (OFFICIALLY) translated here. I found this email answering my question about the English copy:

“Hi Terry

your document left the 7864 address Fedex tracking number 779133181622.

I believe it arrived there on October 10th.”

I contacted Innovation Corp and asked them to send me my mail which should include at least 2 packages and an envelope.

I checkmated Troyclough in 27 moves with the Black pieces increasing my rating to 1584.

Teresa informed me she’s going to Santafe de Antioquia Friday with her arts & crafts group compliments of the mayor of Envigado so I’ll be on my own for meals. I made arrangements to meet Glenn for breakfast Friday morning.

I tried setting up a Netflix account but it wouldn’t accept my US debit card. I think I’m going to have to use Teresa’s bank account to deposit cash and use her debit card. I got her card now I have to see if I can see what her balance is. I remember putting 100mil there on August 14th for the Max account that never happened. Teresa gave me her password – my reaction was, well, I guess that’s better than “1234”. 😊

Per FedEx at 4:30pm my envelope arrived in Medellin.

 

IN HONOR OF IKEA



No comments:

Post a Comment