Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again at 5:30, eight minutes later a noisy garbage truck parked outside and I gave up and got up.

Terea left at 7am to pick up her monthly pills in eps.

I was dressed and ready to leave when I noticed a steady drizzle outside. I put on long pants, a jacket and grabbed the large umbrella but by the time I got outside it had stopped.

In the park I checked the crook of the tree and the peanut is still there. I had a breakfast croissant



with a latte in Los Portenos then waited to hear from Teresa. She called at 7:45 to inform me she’s in the apt and will have breakfast there. I had another latte while going through my chess book a little more. I left at 8:45 and returned to the apt. Teresa was tired so she laid down instead of going to the gym. I followed suit but couldn’t fall asleep.

I’m thinking I might need to get the apostilled SS Benefits Letter direct from Social Security so I called and the expected wait time is 120 minutes.

2 hours and 20 minutes later I got to talk to Linda. She had to check something and I was on hold for another 10 minutes. It turns out they can’t do an apostille but she’s going to set my default language in MySocialSecurity.gov to Spanish for tomorrow so I can print my Benefit Letter in Spanish and next week she’ll change it back to English.

I then called the Cook County Clerk and was surprised there was no wait. The answer to my first question is the address they want is my old address when I lived in Cook County. The answer to my second question is that I should fold the “envelope” page into the approximate shape of a #10 envelope around my ballot.

Teresa asked if we could go to Santafe mall and take her mother. Sure.

We left the apt at 2:15 and took an Uber to pick up MT and then drop us off at Santafe mall. I had a latte and a chocolate filled cookie while they went shopping.

I heard some cheering and google informed me that Colombia was playing Chile. (The final was Colombia 4 Chile 0.)

About 4:30 they came back and wanted to go Crepes & Waffles for ice cream. I had a banana split, Teresa had the Suprema and MT had a mini waffle with vanilla ice cream.



When it came time to leave about 6pm I ordered a Didi but I couldn’t remember the name of our usual entrance/exit. I ended up ordering a car to pick us up at a side entrance. Luckily, we arrived there in just a couple minutes and our driver was still waiting for us.

We dropped off MT first and then continued on to our apt.

I logged into My Social Security and did a couple screen prints of how to print my Benefits Letter. It should be easy tomorrow to log in and print it in Spanish.

 

IN HONOR OF IKEA



No comments:

Post a Comment