Monday, October 14, 2024

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

We have two small lights over our dining room table. One has flickered on the past couple weeks but today it’s off permanently. There is another light on the wall and it wouldn’t come on today. At least I was able to easily remove that one and it’s a 9V bulb.

I was balancing my checking account and I see the Chicago Tribune charged me twice for $15.96 plus a credit of $2.94 so I guess I’ll be calling them again.

It was fun watching the Chicago Bears dominate the Jacksonville Jaguars 35-16. I’m not eating peanuts this morning though.

Teresa wants me to take her out for lunch. She knows the place but she can’t explain where it is. It turned into 20 questions and finally I figured out it’s the restaurant (unknow name) next to Valentina’s bakery in Complex Los Balsos.

We left the apt at 12:30 and took a Didi to Complex Los Balsos unfortunately the restaurant was closed – in fact it looked like the entire mall was closed. We asked the driver to take us to El Correo in Provenza and I gave him another 10mil with no problem.



Teresa ordered a chicken dish with a baked potato on the side and a bottle of water while I ordered the steak pimienta and a baked potato with a limonada de coco and later a Coke with ice (to help put out the fire in my stomach).

I informed Teresa I have no game next Sunday (Bears’ bye week) so we decided we’ll go to Rionegro and have lunch in the restaurant/cafĂ© Candilejas.

My steak was delicious and large and I still had 7 pieces remaining that I got to go.

The check came to 198,960 pesos ($47.25) and I paid for it with my debit card. Teresa wanted to walk for a while so I suggested we walk the 6 blocks to Pergamino #1, even though I was pretty sure it would be packed.

When we arrived there on calle 37 the street was closed off to traffic and they had lots of outside tables there so we had no problem getting an “inside” table.


Here we're facing the street.

I had a small latte and Teresa, eventually, ordered a large latte and a slice of red velvet cake. We left at 4:15, caught a Didi by D’Andre restaurant and returned to the apt.

Troyclough resigned our game in 50 moves, increasing my rating to 1575.

ONEIPAMETATO1452 resigned our game in 50 moves, increasing my rating to 1579.

I had the leftover steak for supper and it was just as delicious, although less spicy, as before.

 

IN HONOR OF IKEA



No comments:

Post a Comment