Saturday, October 12, 2024

Friday, October 11, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I completed my -10# routine in Smartfit then went to Los Portenos where I had a latte. I checked the tree and there is still a peanut there. It’s obviously been rained on as it appears all the salt has worn off. I think I figured out how to obtain an envelope to mail my vote to Chicago. I’m going to make a #10 envelope out of the 8 ½” x 11” page that it’s printed on but first I need to buy a straight edge ruler (Dollar City?). But I’m going to meet Glenn for breakfast tomorrow and we’ll see what he thinks. I left at 10:30, looked for a ruler in the copy store (didn’t see one) and returned to the apt.

Teresa returned at 11:30 and informed me she tried to get into IKEA but there was a long line. Also, she’d like us to go to Santafe mall after lunch so she can exchange something in Zara.  I quickly agreed mainly because I need to look in Dollar City for a ruler.

We left at 2:30 and took a Didi to Santafe mall. While Teresa went to Zara to exchange something, I went upstairs to Dollar City looking for a ruler. I saw a pack of 3 plastic rulers for 4mil, but I don’t need 3. I found a single metal ruler with a cork back for 7mil which looks perfect for my purposes. I bought it then took the elevator down to the first floor and I took a seat in Valentina’s café. I ordered a latte and a pistachio cookie. Teresa arrived about an hour later and reported that all of Zara’s clothes are ugly. 😊 She ordered a latte and a pastry with cream cheese. The total bill came to 72,100 pesos. We left at 5:30 and returned to the apt by taxi.

The rest of the evening I watched the news and read some more of my Fauci book.

 

FUNNY



No comments:

Post a Comment