Thursday, October 10, 2024

SPECIAL REPORT #2

 This email if from 9:27pm last night:

I sent the earlier message but cut it short because the power was flickering.  Right after I sent it the power did go off for a few minutes, came back on then went off again a couple more times.  It too a while for my wifi to reconnect after each outage.  I also heard a couple of transformers a few block away explode, but my light didn't go out then.

We're currently at the end of an Extreme High Wind Warning (since 8pm thru 9:30) as Milton was making landfall at 8:30 about 90 miles south of Tampa around Siesta Key.

The High Wind Warning was nothing to sniff at with the wind roaring and frequent more powerful gusts!  So far nothing seem to have broken or blown of the house and I haven't heard any big tree limbs fall.  Fingers Crossed!!

I'm safe here at home but it sure is really noisy/windy outside –even after the Extreme High Wind Warning has expired.  The winds just are not quite so strong as they were 45 minutes ago, but there are still some really powerful gusts every so often!

More later,

XXXX XXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment