Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Monday, October 14, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, woke up briefly several more times, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Today is a holiday – Dia de la Raices.

Ugh, I forgot to move bagels from the freezer to the fridge so I’ll be having regular bread for my toast for breakfast.

I left the apt at 8am and found Smartfit nearly empty; I wish every day could be like this. After completing my workout I had a latte in Ganso y Castor and the park was nearly deserted. I could see in the distance that the peanut is still in the tree so I didn’t leave another.

I left at 10:15 and stopped at the little market but they had no milk, same with Ara so I guess it will have to wait until I can get to Exito this afternoon.

Teresa was quizzing me on two topics: 1) something to do with when we signed the Union Libre paper and 2) when did she add herself to my health insurance. We’ll discuss this further later.

I called the Cook County Clerk but of course the office is closed today, probably for Columbus Day or is it now Indigenous Peoples Day?

I talked to Maggie at the Chicago Tribune and the charges of $15.96-$2.94+$15.96 gives me a subscription until December 6, 2025 so I told her that I am okay with that but I’ll probably cancel it once it expires.

I left the apt about 1:30 and walked to the mall. I paid for our epm utility bill in Exito after a 20-minute wait in line. I went into Home Center where I purchased an 8V LED bulb for 18mil. In Claro I found the cashier where I pay our cellphone bills to be closed. The girl was probably out to lunch so I figured I’d come back later. I went down to Urbania where I had a latte for a couple hours. When I left, I went upstairs and after waiting in a short line I paid our Claro bills. In Exito I purchased 2 bags of milk. Outside, in the new location outside Exito’s no longer used middle entrance, I immediately caught a taxi back to the apt.

I cleaned the light fixture, which was filthy, and put in the new bulb and we can have light again.

I checked Pronto Notary Public and they are closed today also.

I watched the news on CNN and MSNBC.

 

IN HONOR OF IKEA



No comments:

Post a Comment