Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday, April 26th, 2013




Today the NFL Draft continues!  Last night the Chicago Bears selected 6’6” 313 pound offensive guard Kyle Long from Oregon.  Round 2 begins at 5:30 (Chicago and Medellin time) pm.
I’ve had some trouble sleeping the last few nights.  My enlarged prostate causes me to get up during the night to go to the bathroom, sometimes as often as every 2 hours.  That makes it very difficult to get that needed REM sleep that is so important to one’s wellbeing.  I’m supposed to take my medicine every night 30 minutes after dinner, but sometimes I forget.  The last few nights (having taken my medicine) I’ve gone to bed at 10pm and after getting up at 2am to go to the bathroom I am unable to get back to sleep.  My mind seems to be busy thinking of things I have to remember to do.  But last night I forgot to take my medicine, went to bed at 10pm and slept until 6:30 this morning without having to get up during the night to use the bathroom.  Go figure!
From 6:30 when I got up until after the garbage truck comes by the recycling guy is busy collecting things on the street and then breaking down the boxes and repacking things.  Today one of the workers from our building gave him a large barrel.  I was wondering how he was going to carry that away and was surprised he didn’t put anything in it before he loaded it on his cart.






Can you see the attractive seniorita across the street walking her dog?


7am the pretty lady is sweeping the leaves by the side of the street but today she isn’t wearing a hat.  She is attractive.  She appears to be taller than most Colombian women.
8:15 the garbage truck came through.
8:45 I see a man across the street leaving what looks like that Gente newspaper at the house across the street.
9:15 Reina left for her babysitting job.  She took the last of my bills – I believe it was 7mil - to buy frijoles (beans) later.  I literally have only 50 pesos left (about 3 cents).
Angel seems to be happy keeping himself busy: playing with his toys and exploring the apartment.
9:35 I left to take Angel to the vet.  Since it was still early and cloudy I wore jeans and my gym shoes.  As I exited the building I noticed a number of those Gente newspapers had been pushed under the front door.  Maybe I don’t have to remember to pick them up at Laureles Mall after all.  On the way I was stopped by a couple of old ladies who oohed and aahed over Angel.  The mother spoke a little English and mentioned she has visited North Carolina and the grandmother lives in Boca Raton (sp?) Florida.  I told her I once had a week-long training session at the SAS Institute in Cary, North Carolina and the campus was gorgeous.  (Why does Angel only find the youngest and the oldest ladies?  I guess his tastes will get more refined as he gets older.  Lol)  
When we got to the pet store we had to wait about 10 minutes for it to open.  The Vet was available shortly thereafter.  While I held Angel (who complained bitterly) she removed the s*#t that was stuck to his behind and then cut away some of the hair surrounding the area so he won’t have the same problem anytime soon.  She was real nice but we both were frustrated trying to understand each other.  (She is an attractive young lady of about 30 years old.)  I did understand the need to clean his butt every day.  (Now I understand those wipes Reina bought weren’t to fix his current problem but to prevent it from happening again in the future.)  The vet was real nice and didn’t charge me anything (which is good because I don’t have any money; I would have had to promise to pay her next week).  On the way back another old lady stopped us and asked about Angel.  All I understood was she wanted to know how big he was going to get.  I told her not very big.  By the time I got back to the apartment my underarms were wet – brought on mainly from the 10 minutes or so in the Vet’s stuffy upstairs office.
3:30 a small thunderstorm is coming through.  It’s interesting I’ve never seen the clouds move through quickly.  You can barely see them moving.  And I hear the thunder but I don’t see any lightning.   

4:15 now it’s turning noticeably cooler even though there has been very little rain.
6:30pm The Chicago Bears selected Jonathan Bostic a 6’1” 245# linebacker from Florida.  For the Bears the draft is over until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment