Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013




6am Reina was up, me a little later at my usual 6:30am.  After my shower Reina served me my breakfast and was out the door by 8am.  Again she didn’t ask for any bus money.  I finished my coffee while reading the Chicago Sun-Times then washed the dishes and rinsed some underwear I had soaking in soap & water and hung it up to dry.
8am the attractive street sweeper smiled and waved at me sitting on the balcony.
Garbage truck came through about 8:45am; only 2 men working the streets.

Worked on my Spanish via Rosetta Stone and Berlitz.

After lunch I took Angel down to Mall of Laureles to see the veterinarian at the pet shop.  He has had a small ball of s*#t attached to his butt for a few days.  We’ve tried carefully removing it but haven’t been successful.  If I understood correctly the vet won’t be back until Thursday.  On the way back, chick magnet that Angel is, two young school girls stopped and cooed over him.  The one girl said in English “may we touch him”?  I asked her how it is that she speaks English and she said she was an American.  She sure looked Colombian and she had a slight accent.  She said she was from Secaucas, New Jersey.

Reina came back about 4:15 and we went to the tailor’s and she picked up her skirt and shorts for another 5mil and I dropped off my shorts that are a little too big for me with the understanding I won’t pick them up until May 1st, 2nd, or 3rd for 7mil.

6:30 Reina left with 5mil to buy butter and some medicine she needs.  Now we have 7mil remaining.

Eddie
I “met” Eddie through the Colombia Expats forum and we traded emails for a while.  Here’s what I know about him.  He was born in Bogota, Colombia in 1947 and came to the US in 1968.  He mentioned he went to school in Sycamore, IL but most recently lived in Tampa, FL.  He is now 65 years old and retired.  His goal is to travel through parts of Central and South America looking for an inexpensive but comfortable place to retire.  In his own words:

“I will be going to NIC, CR, PAN and ultimately COL. I expect to be in Colombia around June 20, probably to Cartagena. Apparently there are sailing ships that transport "tourists" from Panama to Cartagena and it might be a nice way to arriving to Colombia. Then, I will be there for about 70 days and I hope to travel all over the country. I do want to spend a good bit of time in those places that really interests me, such as Medellin and Antioquia in General.”

Anyway, we are going to meet up when he gets to Medellin sometime in June.  If you are interested, he has his own travel blog that you can follow from day 1 at:
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/elbuscador/1/1362866417/tpod.html
Just copy the above URL into the address line of your blogger and follow his travels through Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment