Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday, April 25th, 2013




Today is NFL Draft Day!  The first round begins at 7pm (Central) tonight.  I know I’m excited to see who my team – the Chicago Bears – drafts.

I checked my shorts and they look good and are nearly dry; probably because the material is so light.  I think I can wear them this afternoon without any problem.

10:30 Reina left with Angel, a blanket/comforter for her mother and some pots and pans.  I walked down to Viva then proceeded south on Avenida 80 all the way down to Calle 30 but didn’t see any rustic furniture store.  On the way back a man handed me a flyer for Yamaha motorcycles.  They listed 7 different models priced from 4,600,000 ($2556) to 32,990,000 ($18,328) – for you motorcycle fans.  I stopped at Laureles Mall and picked up a new copy of Gente – that free newspaper - nothing really of interest in there that I can see this week.

Today there are no ants where there used to be a continuous stream.  Remember I put a small amount of Cream of Wheat (farina) down a week ago yesterday so I guess it must have worked.  Let’s see how long they stay away.

My laptop locked up about noon today.  Hours later I was finally able to log off and log back on.  That was real scary.

Tonight I’m supposed to have a Skype session with Eddie, who, I believe, is now in Nicaragua.  We’ve traded Skype names.  He told me he bought a headset w/ microphone so we’ll see how that goes.

7:30 Eddie called and we talked via Skype for 52 minutes.  He should be in Medellin sometime after June 10th, maybe even late June as he plans to visit the coastal towns in northern Colombia first.  I offered him a room here but he already has made arrangements to stay with friends of friends.  But we will be meeting while he is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment