Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday, April 6th, 2013




I was up at 6:20 this morning and found Angel had gone #2 twice by the front door.  After cleaning that up I took him outside for a few minutes so he’ll get used to knowing he’ll be out first thing in the morning.  I then put out some food for him and took my shower.  After my usual coffee and Sun-Time routine I took him out again – about 15 minutes each time.  I did hear him whimper a little this morning so at least I know he has a voice.  

11:30 I took Angel out again.  He really enjoys being outside especially curled up in my lap.  The little girl next door, maybe 10 years old, called down from her balcony “what is its name?” and I said Angel in Spanish and English.  She came down a minute later and stared at him for a few minutes.  I asked her what her name is and she told me something that started with a “p” that wasn’t recognizable to me.  I asked her again and at first she didn’t say anything.  I told her I’m sorry but I only speak a little Spanish and then she shyly repeated it.  I still don’t know what her name is.

Noon I took a few pictures of Angel in his bed using my iPad.  I emailed them to myself and then saved them to my laptop.  Here they are:

Angel - 2 months old in his new bed.






12:30 Angel is coming out of his shell.  He is venturing further than just his bed and water bowl.  Now we have to be careful we don’t step on him as now he is getting underfoot.



After lunch we walked north down one of the side streets and Reina stopped into a clothing repair shop where she left a pair of pants to be adjusted.  They should be ready after 4pm on Monday.  We then stopped at an Internet Café and she paid 1mil to have a virus removed from her camera and it only cost 1 mil.  We then stopped at a small grocery store and bought some eggs, potatoes, etc. for 18mil.  

When we left the apartment Angel was busy eating and didn’t even notice we were leaving. When we got back to the apartment he hadn’t gone #1 or #2 (that I could find) so I took him outside for a little while.  While there, the neighbor lady Christina, who speaks English, came out and we chatted a little.  I found out the little girl’s name is Maria “something”.  She also came out with another young woman and a teenage boy and a younger boy.  Angel didn’t do anything after 15 minutes so I brought him back upstairs.  (I’m having a problem because I keep referring to Angel as “her” and I keep having to go back and change it.  Is this because I think Angel is a girl’s name?)  

Later Reina’s sister Diony came over with her girlfriend Yuyeimi and her daughter (about 5 years old).  They wanted to see the apartment and the latest edition – Angel.
Later we walked over to Mall of Laureles and the daughter played in the playground and Angel played in the grass and we kept our eyes open for the other much larger dogs when they would stop by.

We went across the street to Viva! and I took some more pesos out of the ATM and then we stopped at Exito and bought arepas, popcorn, and coca cola (13,560 pesos).  Then we went across Avenida 80 to a pharmacy and Reina bought some more medicine for 11mil.  (Reina started using Dylan’s medicine and was starting to feel better but she needed to replace what she had taken from him.)

Reina made popcorn and we served it to everyone with coca cola.

I just realized I haven’t worn my reading glasses in weeks.  I’m thinking I don’t need them, not so much because I’m not doing that much reading or working on the computer, but because I’m getting at least 8 hours sleep a night instead of the previous 6 hours.  I think I can probably put them away.
  


2 comments:

  1. A heads-up: puppies start teething between 2 and a half to 3 months. their adult teeth start coming in and their baby teeth start falling out. this lasts for a couple months, I guess. at this point they'll want to chew on anything and everything (if only to relieve the pain, I'm sure). make sure you get a strong, rubber-ish toy or two for him to chew on (in addition to the soft ones) or he'll end up chewing the couch or something.

    - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Right now he's chewing us! We'll get one very soon!

    ReplyDelete