Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday, April 22nd, 2013




Happy Earth Day everyone!

This morning I received the following answer from Margarita Montes, the owner of the apartment building:
Hello Mr Terry:
First of all, i feel sorry about your situation with Reyna, i really do. .
About the apartment, i understand it is to big for you, i will let Martha know this to call the agency and offer the second floor apartment for rent, that way you can move to the third floor apartment you prefer. Hopefully we can do that this end of month.
We keep in touch.
Sincerely,
Margarita”

Does this confirm that Walter was representing an agency and wasn’t working on the side?  I’m not sure how much I will be saving my moving into a smaller apartment – probably only something in the neighborhood of $40-$100 a month but that could be money that might really come in handy.  (As I said previously I’m really going to miss my balcony facing the street.)  I can probably move everything upstairs by myself except the pedestal bed and the small sofa.  And I’m going to need help switching the utilities (water, gas, electric) and the communications (TV, internet, phone) to the new apartment.

Angel’s jaws are getting stronger; sometimes it actually hurts when he gets a good grip on something like a finger or a toe and shakes his head back and forth.  I also heard him really bark for the first time this morning when he wanted to be picked up.

Reina and Dylan made a morning trip to the grocery store and came back with several bags of food; hopefully enough for the remainder of the month.  We now have 17mil remaining.  Reina made a late breakfast and then left about 10:30 for her 1pm babysitting job.  Dylan also left with her.  No one asked me for money so that’s a good thing.

I finished reading Gifted Hands by Ben Carson, M.D. & Cecil Murphey – a free book on my iPad.  A very good book about a black man who pulls himself out of the poverty of Detroit and become a world renown neurosurgeon.  Now I’m reading the iPad 2 Starter Guide.

11:10am Delivery truck pulled up and delivered 7 small (in circumference) rolls of solid colored medium blue, light blue, and white material across the street.
3pm and we have a light rain; 3:20 and it’s a thunderstorm with the rain coming down harder now; 3:45 and it’s stopped raining but you can still hear the thunder off in the distance.

After checking out the cameras in the Canon Online store I think the camera I prefer is the Canon PowerShot A3400IS – 279mil ($155).  And I’ve been thinking about my laundry situation – even if I bought a new washer/dryer combination it would probably take me at least 2 years to break even on the purchase over using laundry service.  I’ll have a better idea of the breakeven point after next month.  The same might be true for a refrigerator – if I eat out I won’t need a refrigerator, especially if I’m not going to stay in Medellin

No comments:

Post a Comment