Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013




10am we took the bus downtown.  On the way Reina gave me the bad news that her grandmother has cancer, it’s spreading and she probably won’t see another Christmas.

11-11:30 We were waiting at a children’s hospital.  Apparently there was something wrong with Dylan’s feet when he was 1 year old that needed correcting and she wanted a record of it so hopefully she could get Dylan out of the army.  Unfortunately they didn’t have a record of it.

11:45-12:15 I was at the Internet Café.  I had the copy of a tax signature form on my memory drive.  I had them print it, I signed it, and then we tried to fax it but got a wrong number.  So I went to option 2 and had them scan it to my memory drive so I could attach it to an email later.

In the meantime, Reina excused herself to go to the bathroom.  After about 15 minutes I was done but she wasn’t back yet.  I waited another 15 minutes then told the lady there to tell Reina that I went downstairs for lunch.  I ordered the same Hamburger Combo #1 at Estado Texas for 9400 pesos that I had the last time I was there and luckily didn’t have any problems ordering.  As I was starting to eat my lunch she showed up.  When she went to the bathroom she ran into a friend she hadn’t seen a year who had a lot to tell her.  Then she walked a long distance to get the camera out of hock so I wouldn’t have too.  We both were finished with our lunches by 1pm.

We walked a few blocks away to and I took some more pesos from my checking account.  Right after, Reina was looking in my fanny pack to see how much I had  and to be funny I raised my hands like she was holding me up and I saw a guard about 100 feet away who thought that was pretty funny.

We then stopped at a small computer store and Reina bought a cover for her computer and a few minutes later I bought another set of plastic clothes hangers.
Reina had been looking for a pair of green (her football teams’ colors) Converse high-top gym shoes.  But she couldn’t find them in her size in the color she wanted so she ended up buying a blue pair.  The building was interesting as it consisted of a number of floors with shop after shop with nothing but shoes, many of them gym shoes.  I don’t know how they can all stay in business.

When we came out of the building I was surprised we were right in front of  a church.  So we stopped in for a few minutes.

2:15 We were at the downtown Exito (San Antonio) and Reina picked up some hair tint on sale for 14950 pesos and I bought a large tube of Sensodyne toothpaste for 13,980.  I had been looking all over for it since we had finished the tube I brought from the States but hadn’t seen it anywhere, and here it was on sale.

2:30 We stopped at the Exito cafeteria for a break and I had a small pepsi and Reina had 1 of 2 65 gram cups of Tiramisu (9mil).  The other was for her mother’s Aunt Gloria who joined us a few minutes later.

While they were talking I paid 600 pesos to use the store’s bathroom.  There is a lady positioned right outside the restrooms to collect the money and make change.  (Other stores allow you to use their restroom for free if you have a current store receipt.)  One strange thing is you can be standing at the urinal and a woman will be cleaning the floor right behind you.

We then searched a number of stores trying to find a second set of sheets for the two beds.  Finally we found some at a reasonable price, a Sabana King for 64mil and Sabana Doble for 28mil.

We took a bus back home, dropped off our purchases then walked to Laureles Mall and had a small ice cream.

Back at home Dylan had been complaining of a sore throat so Reina looked at it (as did I) with a small flashlight and saw a white thing that looked like a cancer sore.  She took him right to the pharmacy and for 38mil he came back with a couple of different medicines.

Reina talked to her friend with the puppies and she said we could have one for half price - $50.  I told Reina let’s wait until the weekend when we’ve paid all our debts and see how much money we have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment