Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday, April 28th, 2013




3 more days and I should have some money in my checking account!

Went to bed at 10pm last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning.  (I did take my medicine last night and on time.)  I did get up once during the night but fell asleep again quickly.

Got an email from my brother; he’s going to put $20 into my Citibank account so I can buy some food.  Thanks bro!

The ants are back – lots of them – a constant stream down to the garbage can and back outside to that same corner of the building.  I assume ants lay eggs so maybe these were born after the adults died?  I put down more farina so we’ll see what happens in about a week.  Anyway, once Reina is gone I’ll clean up the area and their main food source will be gone.

9:30 Reina Skyped me and we talked for a minute.  I understood she’s going to be back around 4 or 5pm.

Breakfast was a handful of dry cereal, a fried egg on the last arepa, and a cup of hot chocolate.

Lunch was a banana (forgot they were here) and a large batch of popcorn.
2:30 The sky has darkened and it’s noticeably cooler; feels like a storm coming.
2:35 and it’s started raining; you can’t see it but you can hear it beating against the corrugated plastic covering the “courtyard”.  It’s really noisy.

2:50 finally a single peal of thunder.  Now you can see the rain coming down hard.

2:55 and a very loud peals of thunder followed by periodic thunder but still no lightning.

3:15 and the storm appears to have passed although you can still hear thunder in the distance.

5:30 Reina came home with a package of arepas (10).  About that same time the futbol game between Medellin and Atletico Nacional was starting.  Once again it isn’t being broadcast by our TV company but Dylan showed me how to get it on my laptop.
For dinner, Reina grated 4 tomatoes, mixed it with 2 eggs, cooked it like scrambled eggs and served it with an arepa along with a few saltine crackers and hot chocolate.
After Medellin scored I could hear the chanting from the stadium from my balcony.  (I think the stadium is about 10 minutes from my apartment.)  The final score, though, was 2-2.

8:45 and I see Angel pulling about 15 feet of toilet paper out of the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment