Monday, April 1, 2013

Friday, March 29th, 2013




Good Friday everyone!  

5am and I am woken by someone’s radio nearby.  It’s muffled, can’t tell if it’s someone’s voice or music, but I still don’t sleep much after that.

7:30 I heat water for 3 minutes in the microwave for my coffee.  I’m running low on my Colcafe Vainilla instant coffee.  I’m hoping I have enough until Monday or Tuesday when I’ll have money to buy more.
Not sure if there will be garbage pickup today.  I only see one bag of garbage on the street so it doesn’t look promising.

8am It looks like there’s some serious nest building going on in that tree next to our balcony.  I see a dove repeatedly carrying small sticks into the same area of the tree.  Like doves back in the States you can hear them coming by the sound their wings make.

9:15 and the garbage truck came by.

Good news!  A couple of my small pensions showed up in my account (gray and uncategorized) so I’m hopeful if they aren’t available tomorrow they will be on Monday for sure.

About 10:15 we took a bus to Aunt Helen’s house.  That included about an 8 block walk.  We had a nice lunch of rice, chicken, and potatoes.  About 2pm we went to the apartment of some friends of hers.  The owner is a young doctor – a general practitioner but he wants to be an anesthesiologist.  His name is Elkin and his wife’s name is Elesa.  He speaks a little English and I think he enjoyed practicing with me.  He reads English very well, often answering as I was typing something into the translator on my iPad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment