Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday, April 5th, 2013




Harold stayed overnight and joined us for breakfast the next morning.  (Is Dylan's amigo here because with his canker sore he can’t kiss his girlfriend?  Just a thought!  LOL)

We left the apartment at 8am, took 2 buses to Buenas Aires barrio and picked up a puppy.  It’s a 2 month old male poodle.  (At least the owner said he was 2 months old.  I wonder as its legs are still wobbly when it walks and he sleeps most of the time.)  The owner gave Reina a discount for her birthday and said we could pay her 200mil next month.  We met Aunt Helen downtown and she came back with us on the bus.

Reina wants to name him Angel, which is fine with me, but in a Spanish accent it sounds more like OnHeel.  And Dylan and Harold want to call him Renaldo (probably the name of a famous soccer player).  I hope it doesn’t get confused hearing 3 separate names.  So far it has only slept and hasn’t ventured out of the new bed and blanket we bought for it.  

Angel - 6 weeks old in her new bed.









Harold joined us for lunch.  They spend most of their time in Dylan’s bedroom watching football or looking at videos or playing music on the computer.

After lunch Reina, Aunt Helen and I went to Laureles Mall and bought a bag of dog food and a water/food dish combination for about 38 mil.

4pm and Reina made popcorn.  I was eating mine on the balcony when I saw Angela, Aunt Gloria, Marcella and daughter Maria get out of a taxi.  They had fun playing with Angel but half an hour later he was sound asleep in his new bed.

4:15 and I heard the loudest longest peal of thunder I’ve ever heard.  But I didn’t see any lightning and while the clouds were a little dark they didn’t look like storm clouds to me.  Best I can guess is it came from behind our apartment where I couldn’t see it.

4:25 and it poured hard for about 10 minutes.  We lost power for a few minutes to the television and the hair dryer that Aunt Helen was using to dry Reina’s hair.  I checked the circuit breaker but all appeared to be ok.  I think the surge protector died as the hair dryer and television worked when I plugged them directly into the wall.

5:30 and Dylan and Harold left to go watch a soccer game.

6pm and I took Angel downstairs for a few minutes.  Another couple came by with their 2 Scottish Terriers and of course the woman wanted to see the “baby”.  She said something to me in Spanish.  I told her I don’t speak Spanish well and I asked her if she spoke English.  She pointed to her husband and we had a short conversation in English.  He said that it wasn’t good for me to put the dog in the grass – which I was doing.  I didn’t understand why.  (Later Reina told me that it wasn’t good because the grass is wet.  That’s a partial reason but I still don’t understand completely why.)

6:15 and Marcella’s boyfriend came by in his car and picked up everybody.

6:30 and Angel was finally eating and drinking something.  Reina took him downstairs afterwards and he peed outside.  When she came back up she put him in the guest shower stall hoping he will go #2 there.  30 minutes later we took him out and he had some more to eat and drink.  He did play around a little bit; kind of exploring.  Then he was back to bed.  Still haven’t heard a peep out of him.  I wonder if that’s going to change tonight!



8:30 and Angel is awake.  His bed is about 7 inches high except for the entrance where it’s only about 3 inches high.  He thought about trying to get out but then changed his mind and started chewing on one of the stuffed toys Reina put in his bed.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment