Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday, April 14th, 2013




7am, sitting out on the balcony, I heard a short burst of fireworks to the west.
This morning we’re trying something different with Angel, I just try to be quiet when I get up and let him sleep as long as possible (Reina’s new idea).

I didn’t sleep well last night, seems like I had a slight headache.  This morning I still have a light headache and an upset stomach.  After a lighter than usual breakfast I took what I thought was going to be a little nap that turned out to be 1 ½ hours.  Then Reina gave me some homemade tea (bay leaves in water?) and I went #2 and I’m feeling much better.  

Today we’re discussing “para ti” and “para mi”, namely “for you” and “for me” as we divide things up.  

I emailed Margarita Montes asking about the charge for the upstairs apartments both of which are 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, obviously a better fit for me now.  She responded 1,100,000 ($611) for the one that includes the garage and 1,000,000 ($555) for the other.  That’s compared to my 3 bedrooms, 2 baths for $650.  But I LOVE my balcony so I probably won’t even try to switch.  (BTW, I also mentioned to her the difficulties we have recently encountered with the front door.  It doesn’t always work when you try to buzz someone in and sometimes you can’t open it from the inside – even with a key.)

A couple of times today I again heard a whimper from Angel and once I heard what sounded like a primitive bark.  Maybe he’s getting his voice.

Reina’s refrigerator in her apartment is real old so she offered me the dining room table, 4 chairs, and sofa in exchange for the refrigerator.  Later I could buy a smaller, less expensive refrigerator.  I would probably be eating out a lot anyways.  I think I could eat out for about 40mil a day

3pm This should be the heat of the day.  I checked www.weather.com and it says its 81 degrees in Medellin.  It certainly doesn’t feel that warm.  It has been a refreshingly cool, overcast day with no sun.

Took another nap from 5-6pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment