Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday, June 17th, 2013



I went to bed at 10pm last night, got up a couple times, woke up about 4:30 and it took me a little while to get back to sleep, finally getting up at 6am.

I was at the hotel for breakfast again by 8:15.  Glenn joined me a few minutes later; his wife went back to Curacao and will be back tomorrow.  There is an attractive young woman waitressing there and as I gave her the 10mil for breakfast I asked her if she was a senorita or a senora. She seemed a little flustered at first but finally answered senora.

Starting about 9am we played one slow game of chess that went almost the full two hours we set on the clock.  We were both in time trouble at the end but I was up a piece and won on time.  Now I have 4 wins (only counting the slow serious games) and he has 3.  He invited me back at 8pm tonight for another game which I accepted.
Lunch was meat ravioli and a coke for 6900 ($3.83) at Alfredo’s in Viva.  At Exito
I bought a 2000 cm3 bottle of Clorox bleach for 5,880 ($3.27), a roll of invisible scotch tape for 4,250 ($2.36) and a package of Trident gum for 2,460 ($1.37).

Reina arrived about 1:45 (15 minutes early) with Angel in the new carrier.  Boy was Angel excited to see me.  First, we had ice cream (Copa something) at Almibar in Laureles Mall for 9mil each.  Then we dropped Angel off at the pet store (444-5268) for his haircut (19mil $10) because his fur is getting all matted.

We had dinner at Laureles Mall.  Reina had Solomito Plancha at Yummy for 24mil and I had Chili con carne with mango juice for 12mil.  She took most of her food home in a doggie bag.


I wish I’d had a camera with me when we picked Angel up.  He was sheared just like I was only his whole body except his head.  He looked like a lion with his mane of hair.  He should be a lot cooler this way, though.

After we picked him up we also bought him a “t-shirt” for 19mil and some special shampoo for 20mil at another pet store (444-9303).

Finally, I put them in a taxi and as I headed home I ran into John William.  He has 6 sisters; he started introducing them to me today.  One had recently been to Las Vegas, and visited the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.  But she doesn’t speak English!
Now I’m heading to the hotel for a game with Glenn Monk.  I hope the Chicago Blackhawks can beat the Boston Bruins tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment