Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunday, June 16th, 2013



Happy Father’s Day everyone - at least those of you with mismatched chromosomes! lol

I went to bed at 10am, woke up once during the night (heard it raining), got back to sleep quickly, and finally got up at 6:30 feeling refreshed.

Had breakfast at Golden Palermo Hotel from 8-9am for 10mil ($5.56).  Met Glenn Monk as agreed upon and we went outside on the porch for a beautiful morning of chess.  We played 2 slow games (1 hour on each clock), then 2 fast games (10 minutes, then 5 minutes) and I won them all.  That probably makes us about even!  BTW, Glenn speaks English, Spanish, Dutch, a little French, and whatever they call their native language of Curacao.

At noon I went across the street to Laureles Mall and had barbecue ribs plus a Pepsi for 12mil ($6.67).  They had it decorated for Father’s Day including white table clothes.  I gave up my table at 1:15 as it was getting busy.

When I got back to the apartment I was happy to see I had a Happy Father’s Day email from my daughter Jeannie.  And my son, Jim, sent me Barnes & Noble and Amazon gift cards.

One of the expats refers to the police here as avocados because their uniforms are green and they just stand there not doing anything!  Lol.

Dinner was a whopper for 9700 ($5.39) and a small milkshake for 6600 ($3.67) at Burger King and El Corral, respectively.  Then I stopped at the corner snack shop and watched Atletico Nacional play against Paseo.  The “bad” guys won 2-1.  Futbol is so boring; I can’t wait for the “real” football season to start.

I’ve decided to turn off my router every night to see what difference that makes in my Communications bill next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment