Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday, June 24th, 2013

I didn’t care for the new TV series “Whodunnit?” I started watching last night; it only took about 20 minutes for the characters to start withholding information from each other and start playing games so I switched to watching “Crossing Lines” instead. 

I went to bed at 11pm and got up at 7:30.  After breakfast I walked over to Calle 44 and had the color copy of my Cedula laminated.  Now I’ll carry the laminated copy with me in my fanny pack and hide the original with my passport and credit cards.  I also found a nut for the bolt so I could put together the little fan I bought last week to cool me in the afternoons when I’m working on the computer.  Next I went behind Laureles Mall and took photos of the buses as they slowed down to go over a speed bump.  I’m finally starting to create a set of bus routes.
 
The children's play area at the Laureles Mall has improved lately:


 

Then I went to Exito and wrote down the model numbers of a variety of Nokia cell phones.  Later I can Google them and try to get an idea of which is the best for me.  I just need something simple.  I also bought a package of 3 Glade air freshener refills for the bathrooms for 16,500 ($9.17). 

I had lunch at Likkes for 7mil ($3.89).  I was back at John’s office at 1pm and talked with him and John David for a while then I went with Jhon while he had lunch at his usual place near the intersection of Avenida 80 and Calle 40.  (Even he agrees it’s not as good as my place – Likkes.)

I’ve been trading emails with the owner of the apartment.  My 6 months prepaid rent ends on August 1st and she is expecting 6 months prepaid again if I want to stay another 6 months.  After discussions she’s come down to 3 months at a time but I explained I’m living on a month to month basis as I receive my Social Security.  I gave her my word I would be here for the entire 6 months and I would pay her at the beginning of each month as soon as I received my Social Security deposit.  To be continued…

Whatever I do for dinner tonight I have to be back by 7pm to watch the Chicago Blackhawks against the Boston Bruins.

I heard from Rosetta Stone again – they want me to set up a chat session with them.  Maybe tomorrow.

Dinner was a chicken cesar wrap at Burger King 12,900 ($7.17) with a large strawberry milkshake for 6,400 ($3.56).

Now it’s time to watch the Stanley Cup Finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment