Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday, June 1st, 2013



Happy June 1st everyone!

I watched Shark Tank last night; very interesting the things people invent to make them money and other people’s lives better.  A rabbi created a small device that clips on an iPad to amplify the sound.  (I often cup my hand behind the speaker to direct the sound towards me.)  And a pair of “flip flops” that are like invisible shoes – comfortable enough to run in!  You can see them at XeroShoes.com.  They say they deliver anywhere and I might order a pair.

Went to bed at 11pm and got up at 6:30.  Got up twice during the night but I feel refreshed enough I don’t think I’ll need a nap.

Yeah!  The money is in my account!  I don’t care what anybody says – I know money isn’t everything but it does feel like freedom.

I took some money out of the ATM then went to Exito and bought a small box of pencils and a small pencil sharpener for 8500 ($4.72).

I dropped my dirty clothes (4 short-sleeved shirts, my polyester warm-up suit, and a pair of jeans) at the dry cleaners and they will be ready for pick up Tuesday at 10 for 12mil ($6.67).

Then I went to Bunuelo Express and had a nice little breakfast for 6500 ($3.61).  Continued studying my chess book – I needed the pencil for tests they give throughout the course.

I happened to see a young man walk by dressed in a blue & gray uniform (a mailman) and I could see #Domina on it whatever that means.

I stopped to say hi to John William (the Spanish teacher) on my way home and learned there is a chess league that plays at the Stadium.  He also mentioned the best place to meet ladies is in Poblado and Envigado; maybe he meant that speak English exactly.  I have to talk to him more about that.

I just learned Monday is a(nother) holiday.  I have to find out if Monterrey Mall is going to be open for me to look for my USB headset.  It doesn't look like all the stores will be open there so I'd better postpone my trip until Wednesday.
 
Since I finished my latest Nook book I went back to reading Sherlock Holmes on my iPad.  I’m on page 3,121 and I’m barely half way through the book!

12:30 I left for lunch and of course it was raining a little bit.

First I took a little more money out of my account.

Some things new at Viva: 1st they placed arrow decals at the tops and bottoms of the escalators showing which way they are going, 2nd there is a popcorn stand (Palomitas Popcorns the sign says) at the landing between the first and second floor.  (Also what looks like chocolate covered pretzel rods.)

I ordered the Whopper Combo #1 at Burger King 14,900 ($8.28) which included fries and a 16oz Pepsi.  While I was waiting for my order I noticed El Corral next door sells milkshakes – 11 different flavors in 2 different sizes.  That’s what I can get in the evening in place of the caffeine filled sodas.  (Although the extra calories is another problem. Lol)

At Laureles Mall I had a Cono Doble for 3mil: coconut & vanilla with peanut pieces.

7:45 I had a late dinner at Viva in order to watch the Atletico Nacional futbol game which ended in a 1-1 tie.  I had the teriyaki chicken from Sarku’s for 12,900 ($7.17) and a large pineapple milkshake from El Corral for 8,300 ($4.61).

No comments:

Post a Comment