Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday, June 29th, 2013

Went to bed at 11pm and slept until 4:30 when I got up to use the restroom and really couldn’t get back to sleep after that.  I was at the Golden Palermo Hotel at 8am for their 10mil ($5.56) breakfast.  I left a message for Glenn Monk that I would be at the Mall of Laureles all morning if he wanted to play chess but he never showed up.  Just before noon I had a Hamburger Combo #3 at Gordog’s for 11,500 ($6.39).

I saw Jhon at his office soon after and he introduced me to a friend of his named Beatriz (in Spanish the “z” is pronounced as an ‘s’).  She’s 40 years old, does office work for her aunt who owns a factory and does manicures and pedicures on the side.  She seemed like a nice lady so just before she left I asked her if she would like to join me for some ice cream.  She said she would meet me at Jhon’s office at 3pm.  Jhon told me the church at the corner is setting up for some type of party and we might want to stop there afterward.  Sounds like a plan!

I met Beatriz at Jhon’s office at 3pm and we talked, with Jhon’s help for a while then, since she wanted pasta, we went across the street and I bought her lunch at Alfredo’s.  It was their pasta of the day – chicken lasagna – for 9,900 which included a soda.  I bought just a small strawberry milkshake from El Corral for myself and she also had one – chocolate for 6,600 x 2 and she didn’t have any trouble finishing her food.  She probably doesn’t get the opportunity to eat out very often.

We went to my apartment and I played some American music for her on my iPad and we talked using Google Translate. About 5pm she had to leave because she had a client she had to go to.  We made plans to meet for lunch tomorrow at Mall of Laureles at 1pm.  Maybe after that we’ll finally get over to the fiesta.

Dinner was chili and mango juice from El Comedor de Chava at Laureles Mall for 11,900 ($6.61). 

No comments:

Post a Comment