Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday, June 9th, 2013

Went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 6:30; only got up once during the night so I feel rested.

I had the buffet breakfast at the Golden Palomar Hotel for 10mil ($5.56).  I ran into the same guy I played chess with on Friday from Curacao.  We agreed to meet at 10:00 at the hotel for another game.  I went home and changed into something cooler, grabbed my chess set and got back by 10:15.

I finally learned his name – Glenn Monk.  We played a slow game from 10:30 - 1:30 which he eventually won.  We agreed to meet again after lunch at 3:30 for another game.
At 2:45 I had a late lunch of chicken shish kebob for 9mil ($5) and a mango juice for 3mil ($1.67) at SanJote Parilla in Laureles Mall.

At 3pm I saw the young lady from Bunuelos leave – out of uniform.
I was at the hotel by 3:30 for another game although Glenn didn’t show until 4.  This time we played with a chess clock – 1 hour each and again he had me against the wall and beat me in another close game.

At 6pm I stopped in Viva and bought a cookie for 2mil ($1.11) just so I would have some food for my medicine to attach too.
I stopped at the ATM but neither of them worked and because I don’t understand Spanish I’m not sure of the reason.  But I just saw them refilling them yesterday morning.  I’ll try again tomorrow morning but if I’m not successful I’ll have to stop at an ATM on the street or else wait until I get to the mall where the movie theatre is to take out money for the movie and a little shopping.

You can sure tell when it’s a weekend – kids are out playing on Friday-Sunday night.  The other nights you almost never hear them – they’re probably home studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment