Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday, June 11th, 2013



Went to bed at 10:30, made a trip to the bathroom about 2:30 and took a while to get back to sleep.  6:00 and there’s that dove again hooting like he’s a rooster.  I got up at 7am.

Last night I sent the following message to Rosetta Stone using their online contact facility:
 “On May 13th I purchased Rosetta Stone (Latin America) Version 4 Levels 1-5.  On June 5th I finally located one of your USB recommended headsets – the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000.  My problem is that sometimes, even after going through a successful microphone setup, during the actual course it can’t hear my voice.  I see that there is something called the Rosetta Stone Audio Optimizer but when I select it nothing seems to happen.
Please help!”

I headed over to the hotel around 9am and asked the lady at the front desk if she could call Glenn Monk’s room.  He told me he had something he needed to do this morning but would be available in the afternoon – the opposite of me.  I had breakfast upstairs again for 10mil ($5.56).  

There is some talk among the expat forum about Colombia perhaps devaluing their peso so that instead of my breakfast costing 10,000 pesos it would cost 10 pesos and I would pay with a new 10peso bill.

I’ve noticed a lot of buses going by on the street (Carrera 80) between Laureles Mall and Hotel Golden Palermo so I sat at a bus stop for about 20 minutes and wrote down 6 different bus routes that go by:
·        Circular 303
·        Santra Belen 315
·        Circular Coonatra 294
·        Circular Coonatra 300
·        Circular Coonatra 301
·        Laureles 190

I Googled them but the only one I could find a definite route for was Circular 303.  It’s obvious it goes right past Carrefour on it’s way downtown so I could take the bus there and get off across the street and could take a taxi back.  There are always several Circular 303 buses sitting in front of Exito.  The others I can’t find information about their routes so I guess I’ll sit there a little longer sometime and write down the stops they have listed in their windows.  I did notice Los Molinos C.C. listed on several so I know I could save some money on taxis if I took a bus there.

Then I headed over to Laureles Mall and studied some more of my chess course.  I had lunch about noon of pork ribs at SanJote for 12,500 ($6.94) and a coke for 2mil ($1.11).

Dario stopped by about 1:30 and told me he couldn’t go to the Stadium or library today but he had 1 hour for a quick game.  I set the clock to 30 minutes for each side and I lost again for the 3rd time in a row.  I always seem to get into a cramped position against him.  I need to open things up more.

I headed home for a while then left at 6:10 and had the sub of the day at Subway for 7mil ($3.89) and a small milkshake for 6600 ($3.67).  I got there just as the futbol game was ending with Colombia 2 whomever 0.

I stopped real quick in the Mac Center and asked them (in Spanish) “My iPad is synchronized with my laptop with iTunes music. My laptop was stolen. I bought a new laptop. If I subscribe to iTunes Match iPad I can upload my music and access it from the cloud using my laptop?”
Anyway they said yes so I guess I’d be safe subscribing to iTunes Match.

I got to the hotel right about 6pm and played 2 games with Glenn Monk.  He won the first and I won the second.  

After I got home about 8:30 it started raining lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment