Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday, June 25th, 2013



Wow, last night the Chicago Blackhawks were down 2-1 with less than 2 minutes left in the game when they scored 2 quick goals within 17 seconds to defeat the Boston Bruins 3-2 and win the Stanley Cup championship IN BOSTON.

It started raining at 8:30 last night and was still raining when I went to bed at 11pm and though it took me a little while to get to sleep I slept through the night finally waking up at 6:15 and getting up at 6:45.

Today my goal is to: contact my tax accountant about paying my federal taxes next month, chat with Rosetta Stone about its “hearing problem”, plan a visit to the Dentist and also create some instructions for a haircut tomorrow.

I picked up my bag of milk for breakfast 1,590 (88 cents) and an extra package of Trident sugarless gum for 2,460 ($1.37).

I sent an email to my accountant requesting the exact amount and address in which to send my federal tax payment.

I contacted Rosetta Stone and after about a 30 minute Live Chat I was shown where to tell RS exactly the type of headset I was using.  After that everything changed; now almost everything I say is correct even if I realize after the fact that I made a little mistake.  I’m pretty sure very soon I will be taking the pronunciation sensitivity off of the Easy setting.

This morning I saw a man with a long black beard wearing a beaded looking cap and a long robe with gym shoes underneath.  On my way to lunch I saw him again with a woman dressed all in black from head to foot (a burqa) except around the eyes.  I think a Muslim family has moved into the neighborhood.  Interesting.

Lunch at Likkes wasn’t as good as usual as they gave me a big chunk of steak instead of chicken.  I wonder if I really have a choice each day or if they only have one or the other on a given day.

I talked to Jhon and John David for a little while at Jhon’s office - Clases Ingles.
A big truck stopped at the Muslim family’s house – probably a moving van with their furniture and other possessions.

It’s been exactly 6 weeks since my last haircut.  I wrote up some basic instructions not to touch the hair on my head but just to trim around my ears, my neck, my beard and my moustache.

Tomorrow, to visit the dentist, my plan is to take the Circular 303 bus from Exito Laureles for 1800 pesos ($1) for the first time without Reina.  I should be able to get off in the vicinity of Monterey C.C.  Then I can take a taxi for 4,400 ($2.44) to the Flip Flop Sandwich Shop for breakfast.  Then I’ll take another taxi for 4,400 ($2.44) to the dentist who is supposed to speak perfect English.  I have all my dental records from the US.  Then a taxi to the Monterrey C.C. for 4,400 ($2.44) and finally catch the Circular 303 bus again to Exito Laureles for 1800 pesos ($1).

The reason I haven’t seen any children walking to school in the mornings is because they are all on vacation.  I think it only lasts 2-3 weeks in the summer and is also the reason Jhon’s business is so quiet right now – nobody wants to study during vacation.
At 4:30 a young lady slipped 5 large Exito shopping flyers under the front door.  They are valid from June 26th to July 8th.  There are a few things I see that I might want to pick up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment