Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday, June 6th, 2013



It’s 7pm and now I have to recreate my day.

I slept from 10:30pm to 6am only getting up twice during the night but today I didn’t really feel refreshed.  

I walked past Viva about 7:45 and the mall wasn’t open yet.  I decided not to wait until 8:30 to buy milk for my cereal so I headed over to Laureles Mall and even there the stores weren’t open.  Bunuelo Express finally opened exactly at 8am and I had their Huevos Revueltos plus a bunuelo for 6,500 ($3.61).  While I was having my breakfast at least a dozen young ladies were working out in the area behind the fountain.  (Darn, I should have taken a picture – I had my iPad with me!  Sorry, guys!)

After breakfast I withdrew a little money from the ATM and then headed home and took a nap from about 9-11.  I also took a couple of migraine aspirin to help perk me up.

A short while later at Laureles Mall I had a FriSnack for 8,900 ($4.94) and then studied some more of my chess course.  While I was waiting for Dario a middle aged man asked if he could play against me.  I told him I’m sorry but not today but next week would be good.  Dario showed up right at 1:30 and he gave me a ride in his car – he said it was a 1995 model – to his apartment building.  I should have counted the stories but it’s a multi-story building with 50 apartments and a security guard at the front.  The guard spoke a little English so I chatted with him a little while Dario went and spoke with his wife.  We sat on the front porch and played on a plastic table with plastic chairs.  He won the first two games (I told you I was tired; chess players always have to have excuses handy!) and I won the last one.  By then it was about 5:45 – we’d been playing for 4 hours.  I asked him how much was rent for a 2-bedroom, 1-bath apartment and he said 1,200,000 ($667) which is about what I’m paying now.

His wife had taken the car while we were playing so he walked me to the corner and showed me the way home.  It was only about an 8 block walk to Viva Mall where I had a Corral Burger and small strawberry milkshake for 16,500 ($9.17).  I think I'm better off getting 2 Burger King burgers of the day on Monday, Thursday, or Friday as they are the same price as 1 Corral Burger and better tasting.





I’ve budgeted 50mil per day for my meals but so far I’m under 35 mil so I should have a little money to carry over to next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment