Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday, June 8th, 2013

Across and a couple of buildings down the street they were having a party last night.  At one point I heard Pomp and Circumstance so it may have been a graduation party. And some guy tried to deliver some food to them but it took a while for them to hear his knocking, ringing the doorbell and honking the horn on his motorcycle. 

I went to bed at 11:30 and got up at 6:30 but slept through the night.
I took my dirty bedding and towels to the laundry which was supposed to open at 8:30.  I got there at 8:25 but the owner didn’t show up until almost 9.  The 3 kilos of clothes will be ready Wednesday at 10am for 15mil ($8.33).

I then bought my milk at Exito.  After my cereal I went to a paper store on Avenida 80 and bought for 1,800 ($1) a plastic folder with a string tie to hold the documents I’m going to be taking with me next week when I’m looking for health insurance and also bought a black Sharpie permanent marker for 2,300 ($1.28).
Since I was in the neighborhood I stopped at the corner bakery and bought one of those sugar coated donuts for 500 (28 cents) for when I got home to have with my milk.

11am I headed for Laureles Mall.  For lunch today I had the FrisBurrito with ranch dressing and a Pepsi at Frisby for 9,600 ($5.33).
About 1pm I saw the Bunuelo Express lady leave and head towards Viva mall.  She was still in uniform so maybe she was just getting some cash or food for the store.

After studying my chess course for a while Andrew, with his brother, stopped by for a game.  I managed to get him on the defensive early and he wasn’t able to castle so his king was exposed and I got ahead a piece and then sacrificed a piece because I was able to get it right back and quickly got to an endgame up a piece and 2 pawns and he quickly resigned.  Andrew is impatient and moves too fast which is why he finds good, but not the best, moves.  I showed him the picture of my old chess table and asked him if I could find one like this here in Medellin and it seemed like he thought I could.
After some more studying of my chess course I moved over to Viva mall.  For dinner I had chicken teriyaki from Sarku for 12,900 ($7.17) and a small strawberry milkshake from El Corral for 6600 ($3.67).  That full order of chicken teriyaki that you get on the weekends (or after 4pm) is just too much food.  The weekday special is just right.

Back at home I ordered a magicJack PLUS for $49.95+$8.95 s&h using my debit card but since they don’t mail outside the US & Canada I had it sent to my brother and he will forward it on to me. 

Believe it or not I’m watching the Chicago Blackhawks against the L.A. Kings in game #5.  I don’t usually watch hockey because I don’t like the fighting but it is on USTVNOW, it’s the Blackhawks in the playoffs and they are in Chicago – and I’m not!
I also ordered the next book in the Comprehensive Chess Course Series titled Chess Tactics for the Tournament Player from Amazon.  I ordered the 3rd edition which will be released the 1st week of September and I have an estimated delivery date here in Colombia of September 27th to October 21st for a cost of $13.71 + $9.98 s&h.

No comments:

Post a Comment