Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013

Went to bed at 11pm but had trouble getting to sleep.  I only got up once during the night until I woke up at 6am.

This Juan Valdez coffee is good stuff even though it’s decaffeinated and instant.

On my way into Viva at 8:25 I went down the longer corridor and found a group of about 12 students stretching on their yoga mats – without music.  So I guess they do meet at least Monday thru Friday and maybe they even start earlier than 8:30.

I picked up milk 1630 (91 cents) at Exito and also another bathroom deodorizer 10,190 ($5.66) and a bottle of bathroom cleaner with a spray attachment for 8,870 ($4.93).

I stopped by John William’s office on the way back and told him I decided I am willing to meet with one or more of his students on Saturday for an hour so they can practice speaking English.

I finally figured out where all the utility meters are for the apartments:

 
Electric Meters (next to front door)




For lunch I had the FriSnacks 8,900 ($ again at Frisby in Viva.  This is what I was trying to describe yesterday:

 




After lunch I picked up my laundry for 12mil ($6.67) and took it home and put everything on hangers to minimize wrinkles.

At 1:30 Reina arrived with Angel and we went walked over to Laureles Mall to get his last vaccination.  Unfortunately the vet isn’t in today; next time we better call ahead. 

We stopped at Almabar in Laureles Mall and had some ice cream for about 11mil ($6.11).  Angel was very patient just sitting on my knee while we ate.  While we were finishing Dario came up to our table.  I introduced Dario to Reina and then he told me that Thursday he is teaching chess to others in his building just a few blocks away and he invited me to join him.  Of course I said sure.  We are going to meet at Laureles Mall at 1:30 and then we will walk over there together.  He also said he wants us to go together to the Stadium next week to see the chess league.
After he left I remembered I had seen 2 other veterinarian offices nearby so we went to the closest and Angel got 2 shots for 35mil ($19.44) & 10mil ($5.56).  I also bought him a small body leash for 14mil ($7.78).  At least that’s it for vaccinations for a year. 

Then we went back to the pet store and bought him a bag of food for 31,825 ($17.68) and a toothbrush and toothpaste for 25,900 ($14.39). 

Then I put them in a taxi; Reina and I will meet again next week to try to get me medical insurance.

About 4pm I headed to the Viva food court where I had a small milkshake 6600 ($3.67) while I studied my chess course.  At 5:30 I had an El Corral burger 9900 ($5.50) and another small milkshake.  While I was waiting for my order I noticed they sell 2 of my favorite foods: corn on the cob for 600 pesos (33cents) and cole slaw for 4600 ($2.56).

No comments:

Post a Comment