Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday, February 14th, 2014



Last night I was watching Deathwatch on Netflix (6.0) “An unidentified and otherworldly enemy slowly picks off a group of English soldiers trapped behind German lines during World War I.  For the rest of them to get out alive, they first must understand what they're up against before they can vanquish it.” But it got too ridiculous and I didn’t finish it.

I went to bed at 11pm and had a very difficult time getting to sleep.  The last time I checked the time was at 1:50am.  I woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7am.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I checked the US movie releases but there isn’t anything coming out today that I’m interested in.

I checked the local movie releases and there isn’t anything playing this week I’m interested in, which is probably good since I will be doing things with my brother and probably won’t have time to see a movie anyway.

I went back to bed for a couple hours and maybe slept for 1.

Lunch was the chicken teriyaki special at Sarku’s for 9,900.

I left the apartment at 2pm, caught a Simon Bolibar 195i bus to downtown, and was at the bus stop behind the Hotel Nutibara by 2:35.  I asked the driver when he would be leaving and he said 10 minutes and it’s a 1 hour trip to the airport.  We left 20 minutes later and were at the international airport in Rionegro by 3:45.  He dropped us off at gate 2 of the departures level and we paid 6,800 as we exited the bus.

I walked around exploring all the levels and finally ended up on the top level where I had a Coke and read my Nook while waiting for my brother’s COPA flight from Panama City to arrive.  BTW, I only have 100 pages remaining in my Tom Clancy book Executive Decision.

After his flight left I went down to the lowest level where the arrivals were and talked to the young man – in English – at the tourist information desk.  Jim was one of the last ones out as they forgot to give him a immigration form to fill out on the flight so he had to do it at the last minute.

We went outside and caught the Centro – Airport bus (there is another one for El Poblado – Airport) and were downtown by 7pm.  We decided to splurge and we took a taxi back to the apartment for 10mil.

We both changed clothes a little and then walked down to La Bodeguita Havanera (Cuban) restaurant (Transversal 39 #75-10) where we had dinner.  






I wanted Solomito but they were out of it so I got a mixed beef and pork sandwich that came with a few fries for 16mil and a mango juice for 3,500.  Jim had a Picadillo for 17,500 with a Cuba Libre for 12mil and 2 Pilsen beers for a total of 6mil.  The total including tip came to 60,500.  They had live music which was exactly what Jim was looking for.

We stopped at the travel store at LM and looked at the advertisement for a trip we are thinking of taking.  We’ll check that out tomorrow after breakfast.

BTW, If anyone wants more jokes just reply to one of my postings and I’ll post more of them.  I have quite a few in my files.

No comments:

Post a Comment