Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, February 11th, 2014



Last night I was watching the 2012 movie Memorial Day (6.0) on Netflix 
 “When 13-year-old Kyle finds his grandfather's World War II-era Army footlocker, the old vet agrees to tell the lad the combat history behind some of the objects in the trunk. The tales he tells foreshadows Kyle's own combat experiences years later.” when with 27 minutes left it froze.  I had to close it down and restart it to finish the movie.

I went to bed at 11pm, took a little while to fall asleep but didn’t wake up until 6:30 and got up at 6:50.

I walked over to Los Mejores for my coffee and croissant followed by a stop at Likkes to request 2 lunches to be delivered at noon.  While sitting at Redd’s enjoying an orange juice at 8:30 an attractive woman in her 40s with a very nice figure walked by and caught a Circular 302 bus.  I’m going to have to come here again at this time real soon!  :-)

Back at my apartment by 8:45 I was surprised to see Olga already there.  She told me her aunt died and the funeral is at 11:30 so she cleaned the apartment until 10, changed clothes, put on a little makeup and left. 
I walked down to Likkes and requested the lunch delivered at 1pm instead of noon.  Across the street in the lower level of Viva mall I stopped at a tailor shop and asked a young lady if they could repair my pair of socks.  She handed them to the tailor and he said to wait a minute and started working on them right away.  The young lady put a small step stool near the entrance for me to sit on but I told her I’d rather look at her.  She didn’t understand several iterations of that until I told her I would like to talk to her.  That she understood.  I asked her if she was married – no, but she has a 7 year old boy.  I asked if the store has a business card – no, but she wrote down the name of the store Sastreria El Botón and their number 413 5126.  The tailor gave me my socks back and didn’t want to charge me but I gave him a 1mil tip anyway.  I wanted to give 2mil but my next largest bill was 5mil.

Upstairs in the Exito pharmacy I bought another month’s supply of my prostate medicine for 40,800.  I bought a small sundae at BK for 1,700 with a coupon and read some more in my Nook book.  There was a woman working on a laptop nearby – face maybe 50 with a nice figure and dark skin.  I figure if she’s working on a computer she’s probably educated.  She looked familiar; maybe I’ve seen her in the area before.  She left about 11:30 and a minute later I decided to follow her to see if she lives in the neighborhood but I lost her.

I saw Jhon coming out of his office on a cigarette break so I told him my latest joke about the man with the baby penis.


 Back at the apartment I saw the bills inside the front door.  Mine is about the same as usual – 103,802 for the utilities and 109,111.92 for communications.  I also checked the other bills and found the one for Int 301 – what I understood was to be my new apartment – had the name Pineda Rodriguez Marcela Ines on it.  I sent an email to Margarita Montes asking her what’s going on?

Olga showed up at 12:30, changed clothes, got back to work, finished and left at 2:30.  I told her next time she would be cleaning a smaller apartment on the 3rd floor.  As she was walking out the door she pointed to the buzzers and asked which one – 301 or 302?  I hope she didn’t think me stupid because I didn’t know.

At exactly 4pm I was rounding the corner next to Beatriz building when I saw her walking towards me.  I just cut across the street earlier rather than later.  How awkward!

I dropped off another 3 pairs of socks and this time they took them along with my name and cell phone number and gave me a receipt and I understood they will call me when ready.

I took some cash out of the ATM to pay for my bills and was surprised that it was all in 10s & 20s.  I decided to keep as many of those as possible so I walked back to the apartment to exchange them for all of my 50s.   Unfortunately there was only one.  Back at Exito I waited in line for 25 minutes to pay my bills.  No problem as long as I have my Nook with me to read.

At BK I had a Hamburger Rodeo with small fries for 6,500 (with coupon) and a medium strawberry shake for another 6,400.  As I expected from the picture the burger contains 4 small onion rings.

I called Harry and he told me he has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow at noon, he would call me about 12:30 and we would meet at LM about 4pm.  He wants to use my laptop to send a few emails.

Margarita emailed me back and told me the bill was a mistake – wrong apartment # - and it should be corrected by next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment