Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday, February 28th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up at midnight and again at 4am, finally waking and getting up at 7am.

I had breakfast at El Comedor de Chava for 8,300, gave Lucas a hard time for a while and then Harry arrived for a little chat.  He wanted 200mil from me because today is his birthday.  Later he told me a story about his girlfriend asking him for 200mil that she needed right away.  He refused and told her he’ll look for a new girlfriend that isn’t interested in him just for his money.  “So”, I told him, “you just want 200mil from me so you can give it to your girlfriend.  I’ll just skip the middle man and give it to her directly.  Maybe she’ll be so appreciative I’ll get something for it.”

I stopped in BanColombia to pay my medical insurance bill.  Lines were a lot shorter than usual this morning.  I’ll bet they’ll be a lot longer tomorrow on the 1st of the month.  While standing in line a guard came over and asked me to turn off my Nook because electronic devices are not allowed in the bank.  In Exito and bought a package of air freshener for 18mil.

I’ve decided to stop mentioning all the things I buy and how much they cost unless there is something out of the ordinary as I’ve repeated it so many times everyone should have a good idea on prices here.

I stopped at the Tinto store and had a cup of coffee.  Gonzalo was going on and on about how beautiful the whitest sister looks today.  I told him she’s going to be a very special lady for some lucky young man but it won’t be me and it won’t be him, so just enjoy the view!

I checked the new US movie releases and Non-Stop (7.9) starring Liam Neeson and The Bag Man (6.9) starring John Cusack and Robert DeNiro look good.

In Medellin, I would like to see Saving Mr. Banks (7.8), Nebraska (7.9), The Monuments Men (6.4), and Non Stop (7.9).

I left the apartment at 11:30 for the 12:20 showing of Non Stop at SantaFe CC.  By the time I got to the theater it was exactly 12:20 and I still needed to buy my ticket (5mil), small popcorn (they are huge by the way for 7mil) and medium soda (4,700).  It turned out I was the only one in the theater and it began just as I got settled in my seat.  The movie was good but I had one problem; all text messages sent in the movie were shown in Spanish so I didn’t know exactly what was being said.

After the movie I walked about 2 miles down Avenida Pablado to MBE where I paid my bill for March but I didn’t have any mail.  Across the street alongside Parque Peblado I noticed a Turibus stop with people getting on.  There is a sign nearby that notes the times of departure – 9am and then every 70 minutes thereafter: 10:10, 11:20, etc.

On the bus ride on the way back a pretty lady of about 30 got on the bus and sat next to me even though there were other seats.  She got out a book that looked like a diary and started writing under the December 8th heading.  We didn’t exchange words but after the bus stopped at Viva Laureles I said “everybody off” and she looked down at me and smiled.  She got off and got on the bus in front as I crossed the street and headed over to the corner store.  I had a Sprite (I thought it was water; they have the same size green bottle.) and while waiting I saw Bluto across the street playing soccer with a 2-year old boy so maybe he has a son.  I had to wait about 45 minutes for Beatriz to come down with my clean laundry.  I told her I would have more laundry for her next Tuesday morning.

For dinner I had a slice of ham & cheese pizza with coffee from Fresco Pan and a pastry with arequipe inside.
 
Tomorrow is my lunch date with Brenda; wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment