Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9th, 2014



Last night I watched the 2010 movie Beneath Hill 60 on Netflix (7.0) This drama based on a true story highlights the heroism of Australian engineer Oliver Woodward, who's sent to the Western Front during World War I and becomes part of an audacious plan to detonate an explosive charge under the German front lines.”

Today is my son’s 27th birthday!  Happy Birthday Jim!

I went to bed at 10pm, my eyes feeling very tired probably because of the excessive time spent on the computer and perhaps the salt I had on my popcorn.  I woke up at 2am, put in some eye drops, took 2 Excedrin Migraine and went back to bed.  I didn’t fall asleep again until about 5, woke up at 6:20 and got up at 7am.

I had the breakfast buffet at the hotel for 12mil.  

Afterwards, at Mall de Laureles, there was an occasional cold breeze until about 11am.  Harry joined me about 10:45 and showed me his new computer.  It’s a notebook he bought for 200mil but he has a friend who told him he needs more computer than that.  I don’t see why if all he wants it for is email and surfing the internet.

Lunch was an Italian pizza with onions, tomatoes, ham and cheese with a 600ml bottle of cold Pepsi for 12mil at Pizza Americana about 2 blocks north of my apartment.  The pizza was sized for 1-2 people but I was a pig and “I ate the whole thing”!  I should have brought my ruler with me – my best guess is it was about a 12” diameter pizza.

I had my laptop with me this morning to show Harry a few computer basics.  It still works strangely there – the cursor moving very sluggishly and resistant to acknowledging when I click on something but I did manage to set it to access the Laureles Mall Wi-Fi.  I noticed I was getting an error when I tried to access iTunes.  

Back at the apartment I confirmed I needed to uninstall and reinstall iTunes.  I uninstalled it and as I was reinstalling it I noticed a box come up with the word “Colombia” and a check mark next to it.  I decided it might not be a good idea for it to know I’m in a Spanish speaking country so I cancelled the install, ran the IP changer and started the installation process again.  After it appeared to complete I didn’t see iTunes in the program list or the icon on the desktop.  I started the process again from another location in Apple and this time requested to save the .exe file.  When that completed I ran it and finally saw iTunes and its icon.  That took somewhere between 1 and 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment