Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014



I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly but woke up about 4am, had trouble getting back to sleep then my brother woke me with a knock on the door at 5:40.

BTW, I added some pictures to yesterday’s posting, so guys, you WILL want to go back and look at it again.

The neighbor across the street, the taxi driver, was outside our building at 6:15 informing us that a friend would be there by 6:30.  He waited until his friend came, right on time, and we arrived at the airport by 7:15.  After checking in Jim’s luggage we had a leisurely breakfast at Kokoriko of scrambled eggs, 5 different types of bread/rolls, coffee, and orange juice.  

We walked around the airport until about 9am when Jim had to leave for his 9:28 scheduled flight.  He won’t be back for another year.  :-(

I took an airport bus back to the city and noticed the San Diego mall is approximately at Calle 38 & Carrera 46 about 2 blocks east of the metro – probably metro station Exposiciones.  About that same time I got a call from Marta but I let it go to voice mail because I wouldn’t understand her anyway.

I got off with all but 1 passenger 2 blocks north of Parque Berrio, got on a Simon Bolivar bus and was back at the apartment by 11am.  I exchanged a few things at the apartment and then caught a Laureles 191 bus by Los Mejores and was at the Chess League office by 11:30 where I invited Brenda to join me for lunch today.  (On the way I noticed a pizza restaurant named All Incontro Pizzeria that is on my list of pizza places to try.)  

Today Brenda’s boobs looked a little smaller than I remember but so did her butt and thighs.  She has a very dark tan, which I don’t mind, and she looked even cuter than I remembered.  She looked like she was poured into her jeans and I was eager to see them burst at the seams by the end of lunch because I can’t imagine there being any extra room in them.  Lol.  I think she said she could go to lunch at 12:30 so I hung around the area.  I saw Oscar again and he told me about a tournament that starts tomorrow for players rated 1600-1800 so I signed up for 20mil.  I also saw the lady that helped me talk to Brenda back in January.  Her name is Sondra and she was there with her 11 year old son and her friend Lilliana who also spoke some English.  Through them I learned the league has chess lessons, in Spanish, every Saturday from 9am to Noon for 45mil a month.  I talked to an instructor who spoke very little English and we decided I would just try to see if it would work for me without my being able to understand Spanish.  I need to be there Saturday at 8:30am.  At 12:30 Brenda told me she couldn’t go to lunch today because of the tournament but she would be able to go next Saturday, March 1st.  I had my camera with me and I could have taken a few pictures while she was on the outside pay phone but I thought I would be getting pictures of her at the restaurant.

I caught the next Laureles 191 bus back, got off 1 block west of the bakery, walked ½ block north and stopped at a small watch repair store.  I showed him the band that came apart on my wristwatch and I understood he wanted me to go across the street to a shoe repair shop.  

At LM as I talked to Lucas I noticed the lady in her 40s that I’m attracted to was there with what I surmise to be her 2 20 year (appr.) sons. Unfortunately I didn’t ask Lucas about her until after I had my Chicken Combo #2 at Frisby and by then she was gone and he didn’t remember her.  I guess she didn’t make an impression on him.

I stopped at Heel Quik in Viva mall and they quickly reglued my watch band.  While it was drying the one lady there motioned that the other lady and I might want to get together but I’m not really interested.  They didn’t want to charge me anything but I gave them a 1mil tip anyway.  As I walked past El Botón I noticed another lady there instead of Paula.  

In Exito I bought a medium sized notebook for 1,740 to use for my personal Spanish notes.  I had a sales girl stand right next to me as I tried putting one after another into my Techbag to make sure I could find one that would fit.  As I was walking to the register she chased me down with my (Exito) umbrella that I had left behind.  Whew!  

I stopped at Jhon’s office for help with my voicemail messages but it was closed and he was nowhere in sight.  

Back at the apartment about 3:45 I heard voices downstairs.  There was a man on a motorcycle who I surmmised to be a realtor, an older couple and 2 ladies in their 30s.  I let them in and was surprised to find one of the ladies was Christina from next door, who speaks English, and her cousin Anna (Mile) who speaks even better English.  I showed them the apartment and after a while the realtor left and then the older couple.  It turns out that Christina and Anna weren’t with the realtor at all but just wanted to get an idea what apartments in the area cost because they want to get an apartment together.  Anna is a cute 33 years old special education teacher with shoulder length curly black hair.  When she heard that I’ve been here a year already and haven’t learned Spanish, she put her hands on her hips and started to, kiddingly I think, lecture me.  I said to her “Is my brother in there?  That’s all I heard from him this past week” but I promised to redouble my efforts to learn Spanish.  We all had some laughs, especially after I told them some of my jokes.

My brother had a 6 hour layover in Panama City so he took a little tour and sent me these pictures.


ships waiting to enter the canal
 
 For dinner I had a slice of ham & cheese pizza from Fresco Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment