Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday, February 25th, 2014

Yesterday I left the apartment at 4pm, had a Double Stack burger and large Pepsi at BK for 12,800 (with coupon) then took a Laureles 191 bus to the Stadium and was there by 6pm for the 6:30 match.  Brenda was there but she was busy so I just said a quick “how are you”, she thanked me and I left.  She wasn’t dressed up today as much as last Saturday but she still looked sexy.  I saw Juan and he emailed me this photo taken at the January tournament that they posted on Facebook.  


 As a result of the last tournament my rating went up slightly from 1693 to 1700.  Play didn’t start until about 6:45, I had a slight advantage throughout the game but I tied a player with a rating of 1563 which is interesting because I understood it was a class B tournament for those with a rating of 1600-1800.  I suppose he could have had a rating just above 1600 and it may have dipped down a little as the result of a recent tournament.
I waited for a bus from 9:30 to 9:45 and finally took a taxi for 6mil.
I went to bed at 11pm, had difficulty getting to sleep, got up at 5:30, took 2 Excedrin, and woke/got up at 7am.  

I had coffee and croissant at Los Mejores followed by coffee with Gonzalo at the Tinto store.  When Beatriz came out I went back to the apartment and got my laundry.  She should have it back on Friday.  A pretty lady with a nice figure walked by and Gonzalo believes she cleans houses in the area but isn’t married.  I might want to check that out if Brenda doesn’t pan out.  I stopped at Likkes and requested lunch to be delivered at noon then stopped next door long enough for a glass of orange juice.  

Olga showed up about 9 and we have been busy cleaning.  She helped me carry the guest mattress and headboard upstairs and I put them together.  Now I know I have a place to sleep while I try to figure out how to disassemble and reassemble the master bed.

Later Olga helped me carry up the small couch.  Jhon came by and helped me with the large mattress and platform bed.  One problem, we couldn’t fit it through the door with the legs on because of the turn that has to be made into the large bedroom.  There are 2 bedrooms, one a little bigger than the other so I put the small bed in the small bedroom.  The large bed would go through the door of the small room because it’s a straight run but I already have the small bed in there.  Tomorrow I’m going to try to remove some of the legs and see if I can get it through the bedroom door.  Most everything has been moved upstairs now.

I left the apartment about 4:15 and had the BBQ burger and a medium Pepsi at BK for 8800 (with coupon).  The cute young girl that I like to flirt with was working there tonight with a nice looking young man.  When I went to pick up the order they were trying to tell me something about the drink – “something mas” but I had no idea what the something was.  I looked at the drink and told them there is no room for “mas” but obviously that isn’t what they meant.  As I was leaving she was alone and I told her “you (informal) are cute” and she looked surprised and said thank you, and I continued “but the other man – I don’t know” and she laughed.

I stopped at the small watch repair store with my Seiko watch but I didn’t understand why he couldn’t fix it – it seemed like there were parts missing or something.

I waited about 15 minutes for a Laureles 191 bus and had to stand with many others.  I couldn’t believe the bus kept stopping for more people.  The last person on was standing in the doorway and they couldn’t even get the doors closed.  I was standing cheek to cheek (butt cheek) with a pretty young lady and staring down the cleavage of another one sitting in front of me.  Finally, by the time I got to the stadium enough people had left that I could squeeze my way to the back door.

Brenda was there looking pretty as usual even though she wasn’t dressed up.  Tonight I had the white pieces against a woman with a rating of 1643.  As I’m able to do about 90% of the time I was able to play my opening – tying up the center and getting a king side attack.  She made a move to exchange a couple pieces and I went one step further to sacrifice a rook for a knight.  From all the tactical exercises I had been doing on ChessMagnetSchool.com I felt there was a good chance of getting a mate.  She resigned about 3 moves later 1 move before I would mate her. 

I waited at the bus stop from 8:45 to 9pm and finally took a taxi home for 6mil.  I killed 2 cockroaches in the downstairs hallway.



No comments:

Post a Comment