Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014



Last night I was checking my emails and Margarita told me that Marta and Jamie will be here from 8:30 to 9 today to help me with the move.  

I also got 2 emails from Latin American Cupid - both from an Angel Azul – the first one indicating she is interested in me and the second a personal message with the title “We are a perfect match” but I have to upgrade my account to read the message.

Comparing profiles I see we are a match on almost every criteria.  She says she speaks good English (and good Spanish).  She’s 49 and has a pretty face but indicated her measurements are (after translating from cm to inches) 26-22-34.  Very interesting!  From her pictures I think each of those numbers should be a little bigger.

I went to bed at 11:15, fell asleep rather quickly, got up once during the night with a slight headache, went downstairs and took 2 Excedrin, went back to sleep quickly and finally woke/got up at 6:50.  

My right wrist is hurting from all the screwing I’ve been doing over the last couple of days.  Screwing with a screwdriver!  So I decided to skip my usual morning workout.

I got an email from Margarita that Jamie and Marta would be here between 8:30 and 9 to show the apartment and they would bring their son Camilo to help me with the move.

At 8am I walked outside and saw a middle aged couple getting out of their Toyota Corolla.  They are probably here to see the apartment but I understood I don’t need to be here until 8:30 so I thought I had time to get a quick bite at Fresco Pan.  About a block away I realized I didn’t have my fanny pack with me and thus no money.  Approaching the building who did I see but Jamie and Marta; so much for the chance for an early breakfast.  I let them all into the building and I understood the man wanted to see if his car would fit in the garage.  I went upstairs and got the step stool, in order to plug the garage door opener back in, and the garage door opener.  The car just barely fit.  I think he’ll need one of those things they sell in America that stops a car’s wheels at a precise location.  I brought them upstairs to see the 3 bedroom apartment.  

Marta told me Carmilo wasn’t coming today but would be here Saturday and I told her I was busy all day Saturday until about 4pm so we agreed on Sunday at 8am.

They all left to look at the roof so I locked up and walked over to Fresco Pan where I was surprised to see they had churros.  I had a churro and cup of coffee for less than 2mil.  Alfred said he makes them every day but either I haven’t looked for it often enough or they run out quickly.

I took a bus to Los Molinos where I got a trim (scissors only except for #4 attachment on my beard) from Juan and then went across the mall to Homecenter where I found an 8 pack of 13 Watt bulbs and an door mat for 33,900.  The price on the display rack for the bulbs was just under 70mil so with limited cash on me I had to choose between one or the other.  At the register the bulbs rang up as only 34,900 so after I paid I asked the cashier to hold my purchase and went back and got the door mat for 33,900.

Lunch was a BBQ hamburger and large soda at BK for 6,500.  This time there was another lady there with a smart phone who translated what they wanted to tell me which was that I get free refills on the soda.  I remember reading that on their soda machine some time ago but have never taken advantage of it.  I’m thinking that my ordering a large soda is unusual as most people probably order a medium and then go back for a refill.

I stopped at Jhon’s office on the way back for help with switching my Une account from apartment 201 to 301.  It turns out that Dylan’s name is on the account so Jhon called Reina to ask her to have Dylan switch it.  I also talked to Jhon about starting Spanish lessons and we settled on Monday thru Friday from 2pm-4pm for 100mil a week.  That eats up the savings from moving from 201 to 301 but I think it’s necessary.

Jhon recommended that I switch beds; putting the small one in the large bedroom and vice versa.  I told him that I wanted to try removing the legs of the large bed because I really wanted it in the large bedroom.

Back at the apartment I removed the front legs from the platform bed but it still wouldn’t fit.  It became obvious that even if I removed all the legs it still wouldn’t angle through the doorway.  So tomorrow morning, when it’s cooler, I’ll disassemble and reassemble the smaller fancy bed.  

Apartment 201 only had light sockets in the ceiling but 301 has nice light fixtures.  I began taking them down, washing the glass, putting in the 13W recommended bulbs.  When I got to the next to last one it fell from the ceiling only being held by the electric wires.  It looks like they tried to fasten it to the ceiling using a wood screw instead of a bolt.  I emailed Martha about the problem.

When I have my iPad upstairs it still picks up my apartment 201 Wi-Fi but doesn’t seem to find Marcela’s.  On my laptop down in 201 it does find Marcela’s network so maybe I can move it upstairs even before Une makes the switch.

Dinner was chile and a strawberry juice at El Comedo de Chava for 12,500.
I stopped in Exito to buy some floor cleaner and who did I see standing in the cleaning aisle but the cute young girl that used to work at Frisby in Mall de Laureles.  I asked her if she didn’t like chicken anymore and she motioned towards the Frisby in Viva mall so I guess she still eats it but in a different location.

No comments:

Post a Comment