Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday, February 27th, 2014



Last night I exchanged emails with Lucia (Angel Azul aka blue angel) who lives in Bethlehem but I don’t know where that barrio is as of yet.  Since the first or second email she’s already signing her emails with “kisses”.  Is this a Colombian thing or just the fact that we appear to match on so many categories?  In her pictures it looks like she’s got a big butt and big thighs which I don’t normally care for.  And some of her hobbies & interests are turnoffs for me, like astrology, meditation, poetry, and sushi & vegetarian/organic food.

Now that I’ve upgraded my membership from free to a 1 month Gold Membership ($29.98 for 1 month) I’m getting emails from other areas of Colombia and even other countries like Ecuador, the Dominican Republic, and Peru.  Some are attractive women; most not so much at least for me.  I probably need to change my profile to “Not willing to relocate”.  

Some thoughts on my upcoming lunch date with Brenda.  She isn’t drop dead gorgeous but she is VERY cute.  She seems to have a nice chest but these days with push up bras, don’t they all!  And her butt and thighs are a little bigger than I usually am attracted too.  Why don’t I care?  Because she’s so cute that I don’t mind or am I slowly becoming Colombian?  The restaurant she took me to for our first lunch was in a hotel and when I showed her the flyer from the restaurant I want to take her to she asked if it was near my apartment.  Is she trying to tell me something?  Lol.  Anyway, that lunch should determine if there is any chance of our having a serious relationship.

After a bit of a struggle I was able to remove the batteries from the Apt 201 hot water heater and moved them up to 301 but wasn’t able to get any hot water.  :(

I watched the 2011 movie Age of Heroes on Netflix (5.6) “Inspired by real events, this thriller follows members of Britain's newly formed No. 30 Commando unit as they infiltrate Nazi-occupied Norway, intent on stealing German radar technology that could prove crucial to the Allied war effort.”

I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep rather quickly, woke up at 4:40, put in some eyedrops, took 2 Excedrin, went back to bed, and got up at 5:30am.
I took the batteries out of the hot water heater in 301 and moved them down to 201 where I also had my towel drying and took my shower down there.
I walked up to Carrera 84 and on my way to Calle 35 I saw an attractive woman dressed very nicely in high heels get on a Simon Bolivar bus.  I had a coffee and croissant at Los Mejores and then coffee with Gonzalo at the Tinto store.  He’s still having a heart attack over the pretty sisters now working there.  I tried to calm him down by telling him that they are too young; just enjoy the “eye candy”.  Just after 8am I left and had a glass of orange juice at Redd’s.  The owner of the bar was there and he had 2 or 3 plastic tables out for people to sit at.  Just as I was finishing I observed the same woman I saw Tuesday morning walk by dressed up very nicely in her high heels and walking slowly (so she doesn’t overheat?) towards the Tinto store.  Gonzalo told me she cleans houses.  The days that Olga cleans my apartment I see a black girl that comes and cleans the house across the street and she is always dressed so sexily you would never think she cleans houses.  I wonder if they change clothes before and after work?

It took about 1 1/2 hours but I finally got the small bed moved into the large bedroom and the large bed moved into the small bedroom.  I think I’m going to use the small bedroom for myself mostly because there is more air flow in there and also the bed is larger.  So I also had to switch clothes that I had already put in both bedrooms.

My iPad up in 301 lost the connection to my GringoUS1 network down on 201 but it then picked up Marcela’s next door so I should be good to go.
By noon I had everything moved upstairs except the kitchen table, my laptop and a chair.  

I stopped at Paisa Pan and had a churro and a Pepsi for 2,100.  I wanted to get a slab of pineapple but the vendor was closed.  I took out a little cash for Saturday from the ATM in the lower level and as I was coming up the escelator a young lady going down looked familiar.  I kind of stared at her and finally she broke out laughing and that’s when I recognized that she was the cute one from Dogger that reacted so much when I was trying to order in Spanish. I bought a couple Energizer heavy duty D batteries for the hot water heater.



I had a couple of small bottles of water at the corner store and at one point August stopped by and I had to tell him how busy I was.

Back at the apartment I happened to look out the window on the 3rd floor just as the taxi driver’s wife and children were walking up the street in front of my building.  I made eye contact with the wife and son and we waved to each other and smiled.  It’s nice to feel recognized by the neighbors.  
 
I put the new batteries into the hot water heater and it started giving hot water.  Maybe it also had something to do with the fact that I remembered to flip the switch to turn on the electricity for it.  Lol.

It started raining shortly before I left the apartment at 4pm.  By the time I got to Viva the lightning was something terrible.  Dinner was a BBQ hamburger and small Pepsi for 6,500 (with coupon).  This time I went back for my free refill.

I had to wait about 20 minutes to catch a Laureles 191 bus. I had actually given up and tried, unsuccessfully, to flag down 2 taxis when finally I caught a bus. I shouldn’t have had the extra Pepsi because I was beginning to think I wasn’t going to make it to the league office in time.  There were no seats available and within about 5 minutes there was no standing room available.  Traffic was heavy as we approached the vacinity of the stadium; the only good news was that since there was no room for anyone to get on the bus it didn’t have to make as many stops.

I said hello to Brenda and confirmed our lunch date for Saturday and from what I could see on her computer screen, her title is chess league secretary. At least I know that she’s intelligent enough and experienced enough to work with a computer.  I thought she was dressed a little nicer tonight. 
Because of all the rain the “bowl” where the chess games are usually held was under 2-3 inches of water.  There was a little dripping into the area but that didn’t seem like enough to create that large amount of water.  They set up tables on the “wings” of the area with the chess boards so we could still play.  I had the black pieces and my opponent had a rating of 1690 to compare with my 1700.  I was able to play my usual opening that I play when I have the white pieces so I was pretty comfortable with how to proceed.  Deep into the game he picked up a pawn so I created a small diversion on the queen side to give him something to think about and then went for an all out attack against his king on the king side.  I ended up with a pretty strong attack and he had to give up a pawn and his queen for my rook and knight.  Then when I thought he would find the move that would give him the victory, he missed it and we ended up with a draw.

I caught a taxi back to the apartment for 6mil.

No comments:

Post a Comment