Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday, February 19th, 2014




Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night and finally woke/got up at 7am.

Jim and I walked around the area east of Avenida Nutibara and finally settled on having breakfast at Panaderia y Restaurante Laureles at Circular 74 #39B-117.  We both had scrambled eggs, beans with rice, arepa with cheese and coffee for 8mil each.

We took some unfamiliar side streets coming back and didn’t know exactly where we were but we kept going west and north until Jim finally spotted the ! sign for Viva mall and we found our way back to Mall de Laureles.  Dario was there studying his book of English and I introduced him to my brother.

We cut through Viva on our way back and I introduced him to Gloria.  She introduced us to her 17 year old daughter Anna Maria.

I stopped at the Tinto store and had an iced tea while Jim dropped some things off at the apartment.

We took a Circular 302 bus, got off at Calle 29, walked east 4-5 blocks to Jamie and Marta’s store called Colorama near Parque Belen at Carrera 76 #29-68.  We got the keys to the 3rd floor apartment and we told him we would have a house cleaner clean the old apartment next Tuesday.
Marta is supposed to be at the apartment tomorrow morning so we will be able to make further plans with her.

We got off the Circular 303 bus at Calle 35 and walked about 4 blocks east to Solar Hotel Casa Laureles at Calle 35 #78-66 where I had an iced tea and Jim had a beer on their beatiful balcony.

We walked back to the corner store where I introduced Jim to Bob and Pablo.  We then walked up the hill to Fresco Pan where we each had a slice of ham & cheese pizza, a coffee for me, and beer for Jim.  We walked back down to the corner store and while talking to Bob and Pablo Margarita showed up and then it started raining.  After about 45 minutes the rain stopped and while we were saying goodbye to everyone it starting raining a little again.  Jim had brought his small umbrella in his backpack and I had nothing so I ran on ahead.

For dinner I had the small chicken shish kebab at SanJote and Jim had a chicken burrito wrap at Yummy’s which he said was very good.  I’ll have to try that some day soon.  Jim got to see the pretty young woman that sometimes works at SanJote and I learned that the man that usually works at Yummy’s speaks English.

No comments:

Post a Comment