Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monday, February 17th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm and didn’t wake/get up until 6:30am.  Yay!

We had coffee and a pastry (croissant for me, a slice of cake for Jim) at Los Mejores.   
I in front of Los Mejores

A few minutes later at LM we both had the Ranchero breakfast at El Comedor de Chava for 8,300 which consisted of scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage, an arepa with cheese, coffee and juice.
Behind the counter at El Comedor de Chava

I went back to the apartment to pick up a little money while Jim went to the Tinto store for a coffee and as I was walking out the front door I asked the neighbor if I was going to need the umbrella I was carrying.  He said “no” it won’t rain until tonight so I put it back.

We took a bus to the Flip Flop Sandwich Shop where Jim met Chris.  
Some People Have no Shame.

He gave us some tips on taking the metro cable (tram) to Parque Arvi and visiting Guatape.  We walked down the hill to the Poblado metro station and took the metro 11 stops north to Acevedo where, for no extra charge, we transferred to the metro cable and took it up to berrio Santa Domingo.  We weren’t sure if we wanted to go all the way up to the park but a sign told us it was closed for maintenance so that answered that question for us.

On the metro train ride back to the San Antonio station it started raining hard.  When we got to the Floresta station we caught a taxi and for 6mil we were home without getting at all wet.

We met with Jhon at the Tinto store where we kidded with the girls working there.   
My Amigo Jhon William outside the Tinto store

With Jhon’s help we finally reached Jolima.  After the call he gave me her email address but told me she only wants to be friends and he’s pretty sure she has a boyfriend so I immediately erased her phone number from my cell phone.

For dinner we walked north along Avenida 80 and then east to Nutibara and finally settled on Alicate next to McDonald’s at Circular 74 #39-40.  Jim had grilled chicken breast with chemichurri sauce with a rum & Coke and I had the lasagna mixta and a glass of red juices.  The total bill came to 40mil including tip.  That’s a pretty good dinner for just $10 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment