Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday, February 23rd, 2014


I went to bed at 10:20pm, had difficulty getting to sleep and woke/got up at 8am.

I had breakfast at the hotel and the old man and the cute middle aged lady (minus the black woman) left soon after.

I was at Mall de Laureles copying my chess games into the new record books my brother brought for me.  I also read the 1st 2 of 3 sections of a Chicago Tribune newspaper he brought for me.

For lunch I had the burrito wrap at Yummy’s and a small Pepsi for 13mil.  I wasn’t really sure how to eat it but it seemed pretty messy so I used a knife and fork.  It also came with a spiral potato chip on a stick.

I stopped at El Botón and the man fixed my fanny pack for 8mil; Paula wasn’t there.  I took some cash out of the ATM.  I saw Gloria and she asked me if I thought her daughter was cute – yes, of course.  Again she is asking me where my novia is and I keep telling her I don’t have a novia. 

I bought an 8” adjustable wrench (14,500), a set of work gloves (12,650) and a set of all cotton sheets for the (double) guest bed (149,900) at Exito.

For dinner I had another Napolitana pizza (the small size) and a Colombiana soda for 12mil.  They were out of Pepsi but this soda tasted great.  It’s like a strawberry soda.  The pizza was cut into 4 slices and I gave one to the same waitress that Jim and I treated to a slice last week.  A young couple came in, him followed by her, and it was obvious she was pissed at him about something.  It got a little uncomfortable sitting there as they made up so I left a few minutes early.  J 

I was able to dismantle the guest bed and carry the footboard and rails upstairs but I’m going to need help with the mattress and headboard.  I’ve also emptied the other things that were in the other 2 bedrooms and carried them upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment