Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday, February 15th, 2014



BTW, yesterday we found out that the airport buses run from 3:30am to 9pm every day.  Today I also added some pictures that I took at the Cuban restaurant so you might want to go back and take a look at them.  (My brother brought me an extra camera he had so now I can start including more pictures with my blog entries.)

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got to sleep relatively quickly, woke up at 5:30, took 2 Excedrin Migraine and got up at 6:30.

My brother and I had breakfast at the hotel then stopped downstairs where I found a Medellin Tourist Guide in English & Spanish.







We walked across the street where we found Harry.  Jim & Harry talked for some time switching back and forth between Spanish & English.  We decided to meet with him for a drink tonight at 6pm at the hotel across from Parque Lleras #2.  We stopped at Exito where I found I have over 8,000 points so I bought an Exito umbrella for 8,250 pesos using 2,000 of my points.

I introduced Jim to Jhon at his office and after tutoring a student he met us at the corner store for a drink.

We convinced Jhon to join us on our trip to Sabaneta so we caught a Circular 302 bus and got off at the Aguacatala metro stop.  We decided that the line was too long to wait for so we caught a Sabaneta bus.  In Sabaneta we had to walk about 6 blocks to the downtown area.  
 
We had lunch at Plato Mixto: Jhon had coffee and buñuelo my brother had chorizo (sausage) a buñuelo and a beer and I had 2 empanadas and a Coke.  As you can see the buñuelos were as big as a softball.  They have a beautiful park next to the church surrounded by restaurants and religious stores.  At one point we crossed paths with a well built attractive woman and I’m still kicking myself for not practicing my Spanish on her.  














We walked down to the metro station and took it to the San Antonio station where for the first time I took the A Line metro one station past the Stadium to Los Flores station.  We walked about 15 minutes to San Juan (Calle 44) where we said goodbye to Jhon and Jim and I walked down Avenida Nutibara to Parque Laureles #2.  We were supposed to meet Harry there at 6pm and since we were 15 minutes early we stopped at the Cuban restaurant again and had a drink.  When Harry finally arrived about 6:20 we talked for about an hour and then it was time to eat.  He left and we went a couple restaurants down to Maiz Trillao where we each had a gourmet arepa with Mexican stuffing.  While we were waiting a beautiful young woman with her 3 year old daughter came in a served us our food (owner’s daughter?).  Sorry, but I didn’t get a picture of her.  L

No comments:

Post a Comment