Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Monday, July 25th, 2016



As usual I got up 2-3 times during the night to pee.  I remember being vaguely aware of hearing dripping somewhere but didn’t think anything more of it.  

I was awakened briefly by Teresa pushing something heavy around.  I got up at 7:30 to find the small sofa in our bedroom pushed up towards the door and a plastic pot on the floor with an inch of water in it.  I looked up at the ceiling and saw water stains and dripping.  Teresa wasn’t anywhere to be seen but came back 10 minutes later with the news that the neighbor above had a flooded floor – something about her husband (not being there or repairing something) and they were mopping up the water.  I asked her if she called Martha the owner and Teresa said “no” I understand it’s the tenant’s liability.

It was very overcast in the morning but it soon cleared up.

I was wondering if the workmen were going to remove the slippery tile sidewalk for the building next door and they have already done it.

At the health club I weighed in – back to 77 kilograms.  I increased the treadmill time another minute to 18 minutes.

I understand Laura dropped off my sandal and it should be repaired and ready for pickup on Wednesday.

Teresa and I had lunch at the garage restaurant and brought back an order for Laura who spent the morning taking care of kids.

Teresa and I left to pick up the remodeled kitchen chairs.  I asked Teresa if we were going to Caldas but she said its closer.  The taxi went south on Avenida Las Vegas and took the new bridge over the highway and we entered the border of the small town of Tablas.  We stopped at a carpenters store, I paid the taxi driver 12,000 pesos and we were shown the 6 chairs for the dining table.  I think Teresa had them made more rustic looking by removing the leather backs and seats and replacing them with wood.  (Boy, the wood they use here is solid and heavy.  I certainly won’t be spending much time sitting in those chairs.  Simply, eat and get up.)  I paid 500,000 pesos for the remodeling work, they put them in the back of a pickup truck and they dropped us and them off at the apt for 35 mil.

I ordered a book titled The English Opening volume 1 by Mihail Marin for $17.63+$3.99 shipping through Amazon.

I watched some of the Democratic National Convention starting with Paul Simon singing Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

T-shirt of the day: Meow or never.

No comments:

Post a Comment