Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Monday, July 4th, 2016



Happy Independence Day!  It’s a holiday here also, again I just don’t know what one.

I emailed Chuck asking if he would like to meet for coffee. 

I found an email in my spam folder from the Russian I used to know.  He included a link but my security protection blocked me from accessing it.

I left the apt at 11:30 and found Chuck at a bar next to the park where we each had a cup of coffee.  After talking a bit I went with him to see his apartment.  It turns out he lives right next to the studio with the art lessons that Teresa checked out some months ago.  (It’s only 18,000 pesos for a 2 hour lesson.)  I met his Colombian wife, whose name I forget – aarrgh!

He walked me back towards the park, we said goodbye and I stopped at Frisby and picked up a whole fried chicken and a couple individual salads for 43,000 pesos.  The woman told me there would be a 30 minute wait so I walked over to the park to checkout some chess games.  I saw a young lady playing with a younger boy and she took her king and moved it all the way to the other end of the board and took his king.  I asked her if she has her own rules because that’s not how you play chess.  I gave her some pointers before I left.

I walked to another spot and saw Chuck sitting next to another game.  He introduced me to a young gringa named Carrie who is from Chicago and works in Niles.  At one time I lived in Niles and worked in Chicago.  We chatted a bit.  She’s taking a break from work and visiting Colombia and soon Ecuador.  I headed back to Frisby and picked up the chicken which the 3 of us ate back at the apt.

We watched a movie that Laura found on the internet – Me Before You (7.7) – but neither Teresa nor I cared for it much.

T-shirt of the day: Eat well.  Brunch more.

No comments:

Post a Comment